Audiology Applicants Fall 2021

liketobeaud

2 hours ago, txaud said:

Has anyone gotten any acceptance letters/ rejection letters from UNT? Ive been invited to their recruitment event but I was wanting to see if they had sent out acceptances. 

I did not apply there, but what about Teas Tech? Have they reached out for interviews yet?

On 2/13/2021 at 4:19 PM, Hails said:

Has anyone heard back from NOAC yet? I’m thinking I just didn’t get in, but I have not received an email either way. ?

I have not heard back either. I think a few other people have already heard back. Reading back in the forums from the previous year it seems they did not notify rejected students until May/June. That seems unprofessional to me but who knows. 

19 minutes ago, wlm21 said:

I have not heard back either. I think a few other people have already heard back. Reading back in the forums from the previous year it seems they did not notify rejected students until May/June. That seems unprofessional to me but who knows. 

I emailed them yesterday and Dr. Forbes said that acceptance and waitlist emails should be sent out later this week for Kent State students, but I saw some people already get acceptance emails so I’m not entirely sure. Just an update I thought I’d let you know. I guess if I here nothing by the end of this week I’m just going to assume I didn’t get in. 

1 hour ago, Hails said:

I emailed them yesterday and Dr. Forbes said that acceptance and waitlist emails should be sent out later this week for Kent State students, but I saw some people already get acceptance emails so I’m not entirely sure. Just an update I thought I’d let you know. I guess if I here nothing by the end of this week I’m just going to assume I didn’t get in. 

Thanks for the update! We will keep hoping for some positive news! 

46 minutes ago, earadicate said:

did you get an email about their open house on feb 19? seems weird to have an open house now when we haven't gotten a decision yet...

Yeah last year they gave a decision on the 18th/19th. I think they could be running behind. It’s more of an informational session in the meantime I’m assuming.

3 hours ago, earadicate said:

did you get an email about their open house on feb 19? seems weird to have an open house now when we haven't gotten a decision yet...

University of Pittsburgh did the same thing. I don't agree with it, because I feel like if I don't end up getting accpeted, then I wasted my time. Of course it's benificial if you do get accepted, but they should have either had it before applications were due or after they send out acceptance/rejection letters (in my opinion). BUT I will be there to show that I care haha

2 hours ago, audball143 said:

How soon after receiving an admission decision do you typically hear about funding?

When I was admitted 2 years ago I found out funding offers WITH my admission or at least some indication. With every admission I was told “we have no funding for students” “you were nominated for funding” “you received funding” “first year students do not receive funding” etc. 

Definitely reach out to the program coordinators and ask about funding. Most universities have had budget cuts this year and hiring freezes so there may be very limited funding. 

Hi everyone, 

I heard back from NOAC today and was waitlisted so I was wondering if anyone else was waitlisted also. Also any previous NOAC students that were waitlisted did you get in? Just trying to see if I should wait or not to hear back from them. 

On 2/16/2021 at 11:10 AM, wlm21 said:

I just got waitlisted today.

50 minutes ago, Hails said:

Hi everyone, 

I heard back from NOAC today and was waitlisted so I was wondering if anyone else was waitlisted also. Also any previous NOAC students that were waitlisted did you get in? Just trying to see if I should wait or not to hear back from them. 

I also got waitlisted :((( but I got accepted at OU so I’m wondering if I should just accept it

On 2/9/2021 at 1:48 PM, Cheesepuffs said:

Just heard back from Rush today and was accepted! 

Update: 

Accepted to: Rush, NIU, KU, and I declined the interview invitation from  Nebraska and WashU as I got in to my top choice, Rush. Good luck everyone!! Keep your head held high. 

Hey all!

Super late to post here, but I applied to University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Illinois State University! I have an interview via Zoom with ISU this coming Friday. Any tips for zoom interviews? It's supposed to be 10-15 minutes, so I have no idea what to expect... 

Anxiously awaiting a decision from UIUC hopefully sometime soon, and ISU I know is mid-March!! 

On 2/21/2021 at 7:17 AM, Cheesepuffs said:
On 2/9/2021 at 2:48 PM, Cheesepuffs said:

Just heard back from Rush today and was accepted! 

Update: 

Accepted to: Rush, NIU, KU, and I declined the interview invitation from  Nebraska and WashU as I got in to my top choice, Rush. Good luck everyone!! Keep your head held high. 

Did WashU contact you for an interview?