Audiology Applicants Fall 2021

liketobeaud

On 2/28/2021 at 7:49 PM, lilaud said:

anyone know when Vanderbilt or UCSD/SDSU is coming out?

I received an admission decision and funding from UCSD/SDSU in an email earlier today!

Just now, lilaud said:

Me too!! Are you considering going???

I am probably going to accept the offer that I received from USU, but i haven't made a decision yet! San Diego would be such a beautiful location to go to school :) 

On 2/27/2021 at 12:24 PM, IhEARu said:

From what I know neither of them do interviews. 

I saw on the UT Austin website that it says "The final round of applicants will be expected to participate in an interview with the faculty." I don't know if this is relating to the AuD program, the combined AuD/PhD program, or both. I still have not heard anything from them, however. Has anyone? 

20 minutes ago, audhopeful123 said:

I saw on the UT Austin website that it says "The final round of applicants will be expected to participate in an interview with the faculty." I don't know if this is relating to the AuD program, the combined AuD/PhD program, or both. I still have not heard anything from them, however. Has anyone? 

In the past they didn't have interviews for AuD but starting last year or the year before they started doing interviews! 

Just now, TLB said:

If you're wait-listed, and then subsequently accepted, do you still have a chance to be considered for funding?

Probably not for the first year. First year funding is usually given to students that have previous research experience, TA experience, or students have the highest test scores. Funding is a way to try to get those students to choose your program over another. You could probably get funding for subsequent years IF your school offers it. Funded positions for audiology can be scarce and it more limited with higher education budget cuts as a result of COVID

Just now, soontobedoctormaybe said:

I’m so jealous hahah I’m on the waitlist. Are you going to accept it? 

I don’t think so but I am just waiting to hear about funding and then I am going to decide for sure! As soon as I know for sure, I will let them know - hopefully sometime this week 

Just now, smraudio said:

I don’t think so but I am just waiting to hear about funding and then I am going to decide for sure! As soon as I know for sure, I will let them know - hopefully sometime this week 

Ok, let us know! Thank you for the update. I’m so jealous lol