HGSE 2021

Hello,
I recently receive admit for ELOE Program at HGSE.

Would love to know and connect people at HGSE as well as ELOE

I was also wondering, should we start a Whatsapp/ Telegram Group for more personal and direct interactions?

Please do comment or connect. Excited to connect with you all too.

18 hours ago, NYCTeach said:

I tried but I cannot find much. All I found was that someone in 2019 wrote they received an email stating they were an alternate for a fellowship but ultimately didn't get it--that happened 1-2 weeks after the initial decision. I do think that a fellowship award will come in the form of a phone call so watch your phone this week. 

I thought they told it will be communicated in last week of march of in April.

Should we expect it in this week?

1 minute ago, Ameya Agrawal said:

I thought they told it will be communicated in last week of march of in April.

Should we expect it in this week?

I have no idea. But their entire timing is off by one week so I think this week is fair game. At the end of the day, we still have to accept or decline on 4/15. 

1 minute ago, NYCTeach said:

I have no idea. But their entire timing is off by one week so I think this week is fair game. At the end of the day, we still have to accept or decline on 4/15. 

Great. Fingers crossed then. By the way do you happen to know anyone who is in ELOE program? Would love to connect with them. 

1 hour ago, Ameya Agrawal said:

Hello,
I recently receive admit for ELOE Program at HGSE.

Would love to know and connect people at HGSE as well as ELOE

I was also wondering, should we start a Whatsapp/ Telegram Group for more personal and direct interactions?

Please do comment or connect. Excited to connect with you all too.

Congratulations! I will be in the ELOE program, also.  I'll send a direct message.  

On 3/12/2021 at 8:24 PM, kaili said:

I got waitlisted to HGSE and accepted to TC as well. Which program are you going for at TC?

Hi! I will be going to the sociology and education MA program at TC with a possible concentration in Ed policy

1 minute ago, Alse14262331 said:

For folks in future years who want data about the timeline on this, I found out that I received a fellowship today! I know that I was trying to figure out a timeline based on the previous years' posts, so hopefully this helps!

Did you get an email or did you log in to the financial aid portal?

18 hours ago, Alse14262331 said:

For folks in future years who want data about the timeline on this, I found out that I received a fellowship today! I know that I was trying to figure out a timeline based on the previous years' posts, so hopefully this helps!

Congrats! Which fellowship? Also, would you mind sharing your stats?

8 minutes ago, cd99 said:

Congrats! Which fellowship? Also, would you mind sharing your stats?

Thanks! It's the Conant Fellowship.

GRE: W 5.5 V 167 Q 160
Work experience: Over a decade in public education
Previous Degrees: BS in Business and an MA in Education (but a different area of ed than what I'll be doing next year) both at a top 50 private university in the US
GPA: 3.47 for the BS, 3.67 for the MA
Research: none
LORs: from various people I've worked with - none from former professors b/c it's been a long time and I didn't maintain relationships 
Other schools: none, just HGSE

2 minutes ago, Alse14262331 said:

Thanks! It's the Conant Fellowship.

GRE: W 5.5 V 167 Q 160
Work experience: Over a decade in public education
Previous Degrees: BS in Business and an MA in Education (but a different area of ed than what I'll be doing next year) both at a top 50 private university in the US
GPA: 3.47 for the BS, 3.67 for the MA
Research: none
LORs: from various people I've worked with - none from former professors b/c it's been a long time and I didn't maintain relationships 
Other schools: none, just HGSE

WOW CONGRATS! A full scholly? Amazing. Thank you so much for sharing. Do you think they have already notified all merit scholarship awardees? Hope to see you around Cambridge in the fall! 

1 hour ago, caxiatec said:

Anyone else received news about Urban Ed Fellowship? or anyone at all? Please share if you don't mind. Its' also useful to leave a trail of hope for the ones applying next year.

Nope :( still waiting here. I wonder if they will send rejections for the fellowship too...

7 minutes ago, aimeglobe said:

Nope :( still waiting here. I wonder if they will send rejections for the fellowship too...

Just got informed that the Urbans Scholars decisions will be out before the end of the month. That sounds like forever! I really don't know about the rejection letters.

3 minutes ago, NYCTeach said:

Seems very very weird. And admissions was vague when I called to ask. I do not understand why they cannot just say offers already went out because clearly they already did. 

How did you know it's out?