HGSE 2021

9 hours ago, stephanie42151 said:

hi everyone! I've been following this thread for a while but never made an account. I just got accepted to the HGSE education/leadership/organizations/entrepreneurship program and would love to know if anyone knows more about a couple questions I have! 

- I'm still a senior in college and will be 23 in the fall. I'm wondering if anyone knows the average age of program attendants? I realize I'll probably be on the younger side but would love to know if there are other recent college grads I could connected with

- How generous is HGSE with financial aid? I was also admitted to UChicago's Harris school for MPP and their financial aid is pretty tough. I'm trying to estimate who might give me a better package in the end 

Excited for all of us! Hopefully we can meet in the fall :)

Hey I am also in my last year of university. I will be 22 in the fall. I think we are both fall within the younger range of the cohort. Would love to connect!

On 3/13/2021 at 3:34 AM, senchatea said:

Anybody else here for LDIT want to connect? Would love to chat with potential classmates.

Hey, I got accepted to the same program and I would love to connect with you and others who got in!

On 3/13/2021 at 3:02 AM, stephanie42151 said:

hi everyone! I've been following this thread for a while but never made an account. I just got accepted to the HGSE education/leadership/organizations/entrepreneurship program and would love to know if anyone knows more about a couple questions I have! 

- I'm still a senior in college and will be 23 in the fall. I'm wondering if anyone knows the average age of program attendants? I realize I'll probably be on the younger side but would love to know if there are other recent college grads I could connected with

- How generous is HGSE with financial aid? I was also admitted to UChicago's Harris school for MPP and their financial aid is pretty tough. I'm trying to estimate who might give me a better package in the end 

Excited for all of us! Hopefully we can meet in the fall :)

I just turned 21 about 4 days ago... I'll probably be the youngest :)

7 hours ago, CaitlynM said:

I would love to be a part of a thread!!! I’m an EPA applicant (also on the younger side, I’ll be 21 by the time the program starts) is there a Facebook page??? 

Hey! So glad there's someone around my age here haha. I just turned 21 about 4 days ago. I got admitted to LDIT at HGSE. I am not sure if there is a facebook group but maybe we can create one and share the link on here?

5 hours ago, RANDOMGIRL said:

Hey, I got accepted to the same program and I would love to connect with you and others who got in!

Would love to connect! I also got into LDIT

1 hour ago, Alse14262331 said:

Has anyone combed through previous years’ threads to see when fellowship acceptance/rejections came out by any chance? I was about to start looking but don’t want to reinvent the wheel if someone here has a sense of the timeline!

I tried but I cannot find much. All I found was that someone in 2019 wrote they received an email stating they were an alternate for a fellowship but ultimately didn't get it--that happened 1-2 weeks after the initial decision. I do think that a fellowship award will come in the form of a phone call so watch your phone this week. 

2 hours ago, Alse14262331 said:

Has anyone combed through previous years’ threads to see when fellowship acceptance/rejections came out by any chance? I was about to start looking but don’t want to reinvent the wheel if someone here has a sense of the timeline!

I read that it is usually the last week of March or first week of April. It on the financial aid portal somewhere I forget where exactly though.

A student in HGSE who got admitted last year, told me she received her 1 week after the results. She thinks it will be sent this week. All speculations anyway not facts.

On 3/13/2021 at 9:51 PM, HTG7728 said:

any Chinese students or international students going to harvard in the fall? :) I got into the HDE program!

I'm international! and HDE as well :)) please feel free to dm me! it'll be great to figure this whole thing out with someone. Are you definitely going to HGSE or do you have some other options as well? 

Hi All,

Hope you are all doing good? I found some information about the Financial Aid. I read through and it appears they release it , the week after the decisions. A friend Ed.M class of 2021 also told me to expect it this week. So I think we should get some good news within a short time.

Best of luck to each one!