HGSE 2021

No matter I hear back from HGSE in the next couple hours or not, no matter I get in or not. I just want to say that I am very thankful for everyone who has talked and supported each other on this forum during this anxious time. Rubbing the shoe, calling the admission office, and everything else makes me know that there are people going through this process with me and they all make me smile! Thank you so much everyone and the best of luck!!!

I applied to the HDE program with the language and literacy concentration because I want to do something to help international students or immigrants to adjust and do well in educational settings like college. I am a current undergrad majoring in psychology and linguistics, GPA 3.8, no working experience, some non-profit volunteering and leadership with education. 

Accepted: UPenn, UMich, Vanderbilt, IU, UW Seattle

Rejected: University of Wisconsin - Madison

Harvard has been a dream of me since I was a child. I hope this dream comes true, but if it does not, it's okay!

Best luck to you all!!!!

Just wanting to concur with everything others have said above. It has truly been a joy and honor to be on this journey with you all these last few months (and in a few cases like me, even longer than a few months). Whatever happens, whatever decisions are made by HGSE, by other schools, and by us individually, I have great faith in us individually and collectively. I eagerly look forward to seeing all that we can and will accomplish!

Just now, mk187 said:

me. I'm so nervous. I just really hope it's today!!!

Yeah what is even worse is counting down to the seconds to find out it's another week! Hahah

Edited by Chels95

Just now, JJJ2 said:

Why is everyone so sure that it's today? I'm guessing they won't release decision til next week?

Wishful thinking! hahaha

1 minute ago, JJJ2 said:

Why is everyone so sure that it's today? I'm guessing they won't release decision til next week?

Your feeling is same as mine. When I called the admissions office, they weren’t committing to anything at all.