HGSE 2021

2 minutes ago, xyzxyz123 said:

I can assure you that you won’t see your results in the email. Once you are in the portal, before you click the link to the official letter, if you see there’s a link beside the link to the official letter stating “respond to enrollment...” it means you are admitted; if not, then the decision is going to be either a rejection or a waitlist. 

This is good to know! I thought the email would give us some sort of indication either way. Thank you, this makes me feel slightly better! 

Just now, cjay2021 said:

This is good to know! I thought the email would give us some sort of indication either way. Thank you, this makes me feel slightly better! 

Most of the graduate schools in the United States stick to this trick... to be honest, this makes me feel more nervous when logging into the application portal?

8 minutes ago, GotThatVision said:

Guys, we've all done the best we can. They did say they would release by mid March, so there's still a few days left. Why stress out? Enjoy your weekend. We'll know soon enough. Also, no respectable school would release on a Thursday. Now excuse me while I go refresh the portal.

Don’t agree with your statement on no respectable school would release decisions on a Thursday hahahahaha... I think your statement was respectable schools would release on Fridays... but actually many reputable schools such as Harvard Divinity School released its decisions on this Monday... also, it is just our psychological compulsion to keep refreshing the portals and hope the decisions would come asap??

33 minutes ago, xyzxyz123 said:

I can assure you that you won’t see your results in the email. Once you are in the portal, before you click the link to the official letter, if you see there’s a link beside the link to the official letter stating “respond to enrollment...” it means you are admitted; if not, then the decision is going to be either a rejection or a waitlist. 

Each applicant will receive an email from the director of admissions.  In the subject line it will say, "Your HGSE Application".  The email will tell you that, "Your HGSE admissions decision is now available."  You can also access your decision at any time by logging in to your Applicant Status Page.  I hope this helps.

1 hour ago, RoosterinSanFrancisco said:

An internal source has told me HGSE decisions will sent this week! My source guesses the email will be sent out at midnight. Good luck everyone!!!

Exciting to hear this! Thank you for the inside info!

As an aside, in past years HGSE will post the decisions on the application portal before the emails are sent out. Usually only by a few minutes, but it will be up that way so all decisions will be posted when the emails go out.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone! I've been following this thread ever since last Friday when we were supposed to hear back but didn't and honestly the conversation here has kept me sane through this time! You all are incredibly talented, funny, supportive, and I honestly at this point I just pray that all of us to get in together so that I can meet/work with/befriend each of you. HGSE would be amazing I'm sure, but this forum makes me certain that it will be filled with an incredible and wholesome bunch ?

Just now, Jackofsometrades said:

Hi everyone! I've been following this thread ever since last Friday when we were supposed to hear back but didn't and honestly the conversation here has kept me sane through this time! You all are incredibly talented, funny, supportive, and I honestly at this point I just pray that all of us to get in together so that I can meet/work with/befriend each of you. HGSE would be amazing I'm sure, but this forum makes me certain that it will be filled with an incredible and wholesome bunch ?

Thank you! I hope we all can meet in Cambridge this fall with our passion and love! What program did you apply for at HGSE?

I applied to the Learning Design, Innovation, and Technology program with a concentration in Global, International and Comparative Education. I've been focused on Learning design throughout my undergrad and professional experiences but I'm now hoping to diversify towards the development of Ed-tech and educational content/media for developing countries. 

9 minutes ago, Jackofsometrades said:

1 minute ago, Jackofsometrades said:

I applied to the Learning Design, Innovation, and Technology program with a concentration in Global, International and Comparative Education. I've been focused on Learning design throughout my undergrad and professional experiences but I'm now hoping to diversify towards the development of Ed-tech and educational content/media for developing countries. 

Welcome! Glad you're here with us! Fingers crossed for good news and to see you at HGSE in the fall! ?

6 minutes ago, cjay2021 said:

Mine says status is "submitted". Will this change when the results are posted? 

No. The changes will be on the page shows the status of your application materials (xxx received). Basically on that page there will be a link stating “admission decision” for everyone; if you are admitted, beside the “admission decision” link, there will be another link stating “respond to enrollment...”.

Edited by xyzxyz123

Just now, xyzxyz123 said:

No. The changes will be on the page shows the status of your application materials (xxx received). Basically on that page there will be a link stating “admission decision”. If you are admitted, beside the “admission decision” link, there will be another link stating “respond to enrollment...”.

Thank you! 

I found out this thread at the begging of March and have been followed along. Really nice to meet so many great and passion here. Hopefully the results are coming out tomorrow and I firmly believe it is only gonna be the beginning journey of ours.

Fingers crossed and best luck to everyone!

3 minutes ago, xyzxyz123 said:

I’m also an EPA applicant! Do you mind sharing your basic stats? My stats are on page 2.

So fun!

So I am still in my undergrad, I graduate in May, I am very young!

I have a 3.9 in Elementary Education at my university in Washington State, held many leadership positions in student government & my sorority, I worked with the Washington State Capitol building on projects with my university, I had 3 amazing letters from professors and one from a school district leader, as well as a super strong SOP! Really hoping here but I am on the young side. I applied to two other programs for EPA and got into both! Both with small acceptance rates! Holding out for HGSE THOUGH!

Nice to meet you!! 

I've been following this forum for a few weeks now too, and all last week and this week I thought I was going to throw up when I everytime I opened it  (probably  all 1000 times..) terrified (but also so excited) that the results would be up. I am totally avoiding my email and the portal hoping to hear it here first too lol I don't know why it feels safer to hear it here first haha