HGSE 2021

Hey guys I just emailed admissions about timelines for finding out news about scholarships and fellowships, considering admission decisions are delayed too:

Financial Aid packages are not released at the same time as admissions decisions. If you are admitted, you should expect to receive a Financial Aid package via the student aid portal by late March/beginning of April.

Safe to say if the Financial Aid package is coming out late March we are definitely going to find out admissions decisions this week! 

20 hours ago, Celia0820 said:

I also applied to TC! Why my decision has not come yet? 

My program hasn't released decisions yet either! So nerve-wracking. But I imagine they're taking their time to ensure the best possible incoming cohort ?

1 hour ago, emstaal said:

*searches for when the 2020 welcome video was posted last year to compare with the date people were notified* 

I did the exact same thing! I don't see the 2020 welcome video, have you found anything? 

16 minutes ago, xyzxyz123 said:

The waiting game is driving me crazy.... I think the admissions committee has definitely completed the review ( as we saw the Welcome to HGSE 2021 video) .... it’s just a matter of time when they think it is appropriate to release the decision....

Me too! I just want to know. The number of times I've refreshed my email is not okay

16 minutes ago, xyzxyz123 said:

The waiting game is driving me crazy.... I think the admissions committee has definitely completed the review ( as we saw the Welcome to HGSE 2021 video) .... it’s just a matter of time when they think it is appropriate to release the decision....

I feel like any day between 4-5pm is possible since it seems like they have historically released around 4pm or so... 

Just now, emstaal said:

I feel like any day between 4-5pm is possible since it seems like they have historically released around 4pm or so... 

I feel scared and lonely lately for every single midnight (except weekends obviously) because any possible time during the midnights of where I am is the decision release time for HGSE. I can’t sleep or breathe and just want to get an answer.... I really want to get acceptance to HGSE, and hope god can pray for me that the waiting games ends with confetti on the decision letter....

5 minutes ago, emstaal said:

I have not! Maybe it was also a private link... 

it was public at the time some of us saw it. After an hour or so since the time they uploaded the video, the video suddenly disappeared either became private or deleted.

Just now, xyzxyz123 said:

it was public at the time some of us saw it. After an hour or so since the time they uploaded the video, the video suddenly disappeared either became private or deleted.

Just tried to look at it and it now says "Video Unavailable: This Video is Private" Looks like they now have it as a private video. Guess we will just have to wait for the link in our acceptance letters ?

1 minute ago, mjsmith said:

Just tried to look at it and it now says "Video Unavailable: This Video is Private" Looks like they now have it as a private video. Guess we will just have to wait for the link in our acceptance letters ?

Love that positive affirmation!!! Hoping the longer wait will be worth it for all of us :) 

3 minutes ago, cjay2021 said:

Did anyone else think we were so lucky knowing our decision date? I thought and didn't have to worry but now I've been worrying and refreshing this page all day since Friday :(

I have applied for an outside scholarship and they asked me if I got prior to their second rounds. I thought the results would be out last Friday and asked to postpone when I submit my results to tomorrow - so that I would have higher chances of getting into the second round as I would have Harvard’s decission already. The delay just might cost me the scholarship I need to attend... 

5 hours ago, emstaal said:

Admitted students site is no longe available (not surprised because some sections still needed updating) so looks like it was a fluke that it was up! Also, anyone brave enough to call admissions asking about timeline lol I am still holding out hope for today 

If could still come out today. TC told me end of March on the phone yesterday, and then sent out decisions at 4pm!

5 minutes ago, leprosin said:

If could still come out today. TC told me end of March on the phone yesterday, and then sent out decisions at 4pm!

Absolutely. I received my acceptance notification from the Higher Ed program at the University of Michigan at 12:47 AM after midnight on a Friday in February. Acceptances could come any time really... just have to keep refreshing!

Edited by lulu222

6 minutes ago, Adei said:

I have applied for an outside scholarship and they asked me if I got prior to their second rounds. I thought the results would be out last Friday and asked to postpone when I submit my results to tomorrow - so that I would have higher chances of getting into the second round as I would have Harvard’s decission already. The delay just might cost me the scholarship I need to attend... 

Wow. Now I feel bad for just being impatient! I hope you hear in time to secure the scholarship too