HGSE 2021

When I clicked the admitted students website provided by some of you, I was redirected to the HarvardKey Website - I believe that’s what you mentioned. Let me explain - HarvardKey is the student website that requires you to have a Harvard ID to get access to it. For Harvard admits, in the offer letter, you’d be provided a HUID and you would need to use this ID to register for a HarvardKey account. I believe the ones that could be able to log into the website would mean that you had a HarvardKey account before, and this may be the reason. 

Edited by xyzxyz123

Just now, aimeglobe said:

I too was looking for more information about that!

This is the most recent posting I found. I will only attend if I get it as I already have an MA from TC. https://hgseadmissions.wpcomstaging.com/2017/12/18/urban-scholars-a-shared-commitment-to-urban-education/

4 minutes ago, aimeglobe said:

I too was looking for more information about that!

On 8/12/2020 at 11:14 AM, graciasadios said:

I graduate from HGSE SLP in 2017. I was very active on the HGSE 2016 and 2017 threads. Here is my statement of purpose for anyone to consult. Here is some admissions data I mined from the many years of HGSE threads on this forum. If these documents are helpful to you, please give me an upvote so that I will know all the hours that I spent will have been worthwhile in helping myself and others achieve our dreams.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Thanks so much for sharing all of this. Curious to know how you are familiar with the work of Dr. Borland? Did you go to TC? 

12 minutes ago, xyzxyz123 said:

Just wondering anyone applied to Stanford GSE? Many people said it’s a lot harder to get into than HGSE and Penn GSE (overall difficulty).... I was rejected by Stanford around a week ago so I’m kind of scared....

Wait are you trying to say that getting into Penn GSE is more difficult than Standford GSE?

12 minutes ago, xyzxyz123 said:

Just wondering anyone applied to Stanford GSE? Many people said it’s a lot harder to get into than HGSE and Penn GSE (overall difficulty).... I was rejected by Stanford around a week ago so I’m kind of scared....

Wait are you trying to say that getting into Penn GSE is more difficult than Standford GSE?

1 minute ago, caxiatec said:

No... what I was saying was that many people said it is much harder to get into Stanford than both HGSE and Penn...

Edited by xyzxyz123

1 minute ago, emstaal said:

Admitted students site is no longe available (not surprised because some sections still needed updating) so looks like it was a fluke that it was up! Also, anyone brave enough to call admissions asking about timeline lol I am still holding out hope for today 

Probably not today they emailed be back today saying "by mid march if possible." Would probably be the end of this week or next week

30 minutes ago, xyzxyz123 said:

No... what I was saying was that many people said it is much harder to get into Stanford than both HGSE and Penn...

I think it's def easier to get into Penn GSE. I was rejected by Stanford a couple weeks ago as well but received scholarship from Penn. The application I submitted and the Statement of Purpose are very similar. However, it might depend on the program. But another interesting perspective is that currently among my friends who have applied for edu schools, I only know people who are admitted at Penn but not Stanford. Not sure what programs they've applied to tho. 

Edited by hales1013

13 minutes ago, hales1013 said:

I think it's def easier to get into Penn GSE. I was rejected by Stanford a couple weeks ago as well but received scholarship from Penn. The application I submitted and the Statement of Purpose are very similar. However, it might depend on the program. But another interesting perspective is that currently among my friends who have applied for edu schools, I only know people who are admitted at Penn but not Stanford. Not sure what programs they've applied to tho. 

Agreed. Stanford admits half of the students that HGSE does and 1/3 of the students that Penn does... Probably safe to say if someone was accepted to Stanford then they will also be accepted to PENN and HGSE (if it's a similar program)...of course there are exceptions still.

Edited by hmj598

29 minutes ago, emstaal said:

Admitted students site is no longe available (not surprised because some sections still needed updating) so looks like it was a fluke that it was up! Also, anyone brave enough to call admissions asking about timeline lol I am still holding out hope for today 

Same here!! I’m so tempted to call but feel like they might blacklist me for calling them up so frequently lol 

Edited by chaiandsushi

42 minutes ago, emstaal said:

Are you getting a 404, 500, or an unauthorized notification after entering your HarvardKey? If you got a 404 or 500 then something's happening on their end after attempting login. If you got a not authorized notification then they blocked access. 

3 minutes ago, McPerson said:

Are you getting a 404, 500, or an unauthorized notification after entering your HarvardKey? If you got a 404 or 500 then something's happening on their end after attempting login. If you got a not authorized notification then they blocked access. 

Now it asks me to login to "OpenScholar" using my "projects at harvard" username, which I don't have and it sounds like something internal for the web designers 

1 hour ago, hales1013 said:

The major comparison I wanted to make is between HGSE and Stanford. I brought Penn GSE into the conversation because it’s also a top 3 education school. But the conversation should majorly focus on HGSE and Stanford?

1 hour ago, hmj598 said:

Agreed. Stanford admits half of the students that HGSE does and 1/3 of the students that Penn does... Probably safe to say if someone was accepted to Stanford then they will also be accepted to PENN and HGSE (if it's a similar program)...of course there are exceptions still.

33 minutes ago, xyzxyz123 said:

The major comparison I wanted to make is between HGSE and Stanford. I brought Penn GSE into the conversation because it’s also a top 3 education school. But the conversation should majorly focus on HGSE and Stanford?

Like hmj598 had mentioned, I also agree that Stanford edu programs in general are harder to get in than Harvard for similar programs. However, it also depends on the program size and number of admits. 

53 minutes ago, emstaal said:

Now it asks me to login to "OpenScholar" using my "projects at harvard" username, which I don't have and it sounds like something internal for the web designers 

HarvardKey is the SSO tool for all of Harvard. Current/past harvard students, faculty, staff etc. have an HUID so they have access to HarvardKey. It looks like OpenScholar is school specific. You won't be able to create an OpenScholar account unless you have more information from HGSE.

If you aren't getting a 404, 500, or unauthorized then the site isn't down and you still have access, you just don't have the credentials yet. 

Editing to add that I think this is a really good sign for you. You have to be added as an authorized HarvardKey user to the site. If you want to confirm, see if you can find a link to another Harvard school's admit page and try logging in using your HarvardKey. If they give you an unauthorized user message then you have your answer.

Edited by McPerson