HGSE 2021

42 minutes ago, coonie99 said:

Ok guys so I called admissions and they told me what they wrote in emails: mid March or late March by the latest. So I asked again whether it’d be possible to be today, and she said no. I guess that ends our anxiety at least for today 

Hi!! Thanks for asking the admissions for all of us. Sorry for being sus, but was it a soft no like no idk if it will be out by today. Or like an absolutely no, the decision won't be out by today.  ?

10 minutes ago, KcNc2019 said:

Are any of you able to get into the student aid portal? I'm getting an error message that the NetPartner is unavailable. Also, I'm not able to view my documents.  Am I alone?  Is this a clue?

I was able to get in just now totally fine. 

3 minutes ago, fcy1101 said:

Hi!! Thanks for asking the admissions for all of us. Sorry for being sus, but was it a soft no like no idk if it will be out by today. Or like an absolutely no, the decision won't be out by today.  ?

Conversation went like this 

Me: I’m just wondering when the master’s results will come out. Do you have an approximate date? 
Her: applications are still under review. it’ll be late March or mid March if possible. 
Me: so it’s not possible to be today right?
Her: no, applications are still under review 

Just now, coonie99 said:

Conversation went like this 

Me: I’m just wondering when the master’s results will come out. Do you have an approximate date? 
Her: applications are still under review. it’ll be late March or mid March if possible. 
Me: so it’s not possible to be today right?
Her: no, applications are still under review 

icic!! UGH i kinda was hoping to just get it over with by today. But I guess now:( Thanks for the info!! Good luck to you??

4 minutes ago, chai time said:

Can't believe I touched John Harvard's dirty shoe for nothing! Oh well, hopefully the luck will last until we find out.

For some reason i thought the campus is closed since covid so it never even occur to me to go over and do this lol but I feel like since it's open now imma do this too Hahahaha! Thanks for the info. Also sending good vibes to everyone that is anxiously waiting?

Just now, fcy1101 said:

For some reason i thought the campus is closed since covid so it never even occur to me to go over and do this lol but I feel like since it's open now imma do this too Hahahaha! Thanks for the info. Also sending good vibes to everyone that is anxiously waiting?

It was closed after dark for awhile there last term but now it's completely open again! Go get some foot-luck :) 

Since choosing a Concentration is optional, do you guys think that indicating or not indicating a certain concentration with your program of choice would have an influence on admissions decision? Or is our application being evaluate only according to the specific programs? I just realized that I had accidentally input the wrong concentration in my application (not sure how that happened) . Now I am lowkey panicking... ?

This is what it says on the website about the Concentrations. 

"You also have the option to further personalize your learning at HGSE by choosing to specialize in a Concentration. While optional, HGSE’s Concentrations allow you to deepen your knowledge in a particular context or area of education through courses and co-curricular activities, ranging from applied learning experiences to professional development opportunities to speaker and networking events."

Edited by hales1013

@cyirha I'm with you!!  I will be quitting my job and moving from Seattle (assuming it's in-person learning).  I'm married and have kids (older) so there's a LOT of planning.  Not to mention, I am literally dying of anxiety waiting for their decision.  It's the last school I'm waiting to hear back from and obviously, my #1 choice!  One of the programs I was admitted to starts interviewing for their internship positions next Friday the 12th.  It would have saved me a lot of time had I heard today, got in, and then could tell this other school to remove me from the interview list.

Ugh.. I was really hoping that the results were going to come out today.. I was anxious all day and now we're totally in the dark about when they're going to be released. I've been sooo unproductive this week because this decision has been on my mind and now it could be another week or two until we get results. I really hope they send out decisions soon.

5 hours ago, beckstress11 said:

@cyirha I'm with you!!  I will be quitting my job and moving from Seattle (assuming it's in-person learning).  I'm married and have kids (older) so there's a LOT of planning.  Not to mention, I am literally dying of anxiety waiting for their decision.  It's the last school I'm waiting to hear back from and obviously, my #1 choice!  One of the programs I was admitted to starts interviewing for their internship positions next Friday the 12th.  It would have saved me a lot of time had I heard today, got in, and then could tell this other school to remove me from the interview list.

5 hours ago, beckstress11 said:

I have a dog and a husband in tow :)  Here’s hoping we meet next fall!  One year they notified people on a Tuesday, but I’m guessing it will be Friday.  

Anyone wake up today full well knowing it wouldn’t change over the weekend, but yet still find yourself checking the portal and this thread for any signs of an update? ? 

Totally get that most schools have record number of applicants and the process is taking longer, but it is still hard to have had yesterday’s date in mind for so long and see it pass by- but hey, as we know there are far worse things in the world! 

For various reasons, HGSE is the only school I applied to but I feel for those of you juggling other decisions/interviews and weighing long distance moves, etc. Hang in there everyone!!! 

54 minutes ago, hmj598 said:

My application says "2021-2022 academic year for Ed.M. and C.A.S." on the application portal. I only applied for the Ed.M., so I was wondering if it says this for anyone else....? 

Mine does too. I was confused at first and went through my app 3 times trying to find where I accidentally checked the wrong box. I'm guessing it says that for everyone.