HGSE 2021

With all of the discussion about the website being down I popped over to the site to check it out.  They have indeed made quite a few additions.  There are a significant number of detailed materials that have been added.  It seems interesting that this is just now being done as soon much of the detailed information seemingly could have helped during the application prep process.   I only looked at the LDIT page.  Does anyone know if these additions are true for the other areas of focus? 

Good Luck to All!!!

18 minutes ago, JohnSJr said:

With all of the discussion about the website being down I popped over to the site to check it out.  They have indeed made quite a few additions.  There are a significant number of detailed materials that have been added.  It seems interesting that this is just now being done as soon much of the detailed information seemingly could have helped during the application prep process.   I only looked at the LDIT page.  Does anyone know if these additions are true for the other areas of focus?

The EPA page looks the same as when I was putting together my application.

22 minutes ago, JohnSJr said:

Good Luck to All!!!

Yes they have updated the general HGSE page and arranged the items in a more user friendly way. However, the LDIT page looks exactly same as when i was applying.

5 minutes ago, caxiatec said:

Yes they have updated the general HGSE page and arranged the items in a more user friendly way. However, the LDIT page looks exactly same as when i was applying.

Yeah the LDIT page pretty much looks the same to me

3 hours ago, hales1013 said:

Not sure if it's a parallel reference, but just wanna provide another perspective. I also applied to a program at Stanford's GSE which has a similar decision release timeline of early March as advocated on their website similar to Harvard. I received my decision in late Feb. However, the program is much smaller so it might not be comparable to Harvard. They do not even accept or consider GRE this year, so perhaps people would be more inclined to apply given that everyone has the same playing field in terms of GRE stats to give it a shot. Hopefully Harvard will stick to their original decision release timeline as well. 

I received my fat rejection from Stanford GSE on Feb 28. It was actually around 10 pm California time so I think the admissions officers were really trying to get the decisions out on time. Stanford’s Admissions is much much much more competitive than any other schools based on its small programs, high volume of applications, and low acceptance rate. I know a friend who went to an Ivy League for undergrad and HGSE for master’s and he got the rejection from Stanford in the same season when he was applying to HGSE. 

1 minute ago, xyzxyz123 said:

I received my fat rejection from Stanford GSE on Feb 28. It was actually around 10 pm California time so I think the admissions officers were really trying to get the decisions out on time. Stanford’s Admissions is much much much more competitive than any other schools based on its small programs, high volume of applications, and low acceptance rate. I know a friend who went to an Ivy League for undergrad and HGSE for master’s and he got the rejection from Stanford in the same season when he was applying to HGSE. 

I think I received my rejection on the same date as well lol

2 minutes ago, Adei said:

Anybody else obsessively checking the portal even though the results definitely won’t be out for a couple more hours, and most likely even a whole week? 

Exact same here. I have been refreshing the portal every 10 mins. Hopefully the decisions are coming out today so we all don’t have to wait and be so anxious for another week or even longer 

6 minutes ago, Adei said:

Anybody else obsessively checking the portal even though the results definitely won’t be out for a couple more hours, and most likely even a whole week? 

Me too, I have an exam in another hour. Idk how am I gonna focus lol

Just now, JRF said:

I think the most likely scenario is that decisions will be released today.

I dont think so, but I REALLY hope Im wrong. Though if I don’t get in, I think Im fine with waiting another week to hear the bad news... what about you? Are you the rip off the band aid type or fine with waiting in hope? 

3 minutes ago, JRF said:

I think the most likely scenario is that decisions will be released today.

I go back and forth thinking about whether it will be today or next week...Still checking the portal like crazy. I’m also holding out hope that if it’s not today maybe they will let us know sooner than next Friday. 

5 minutes ago, hales1013 said:

Me too, I have an exam in another hour. Idk how am I gonna focus lol

I was taking the GRE on the day that HGSE released decisions for the online masters this past summer... it definitely didn’t help my score lol 

Wishing everyone good vibes and good luck today! It has been a roller coaster so far on this journey, and I'm glad I've been able to be on this ride with all of you. Fingers crossed for each and every one of us here, and hoping we all get to see one another on Appian Way for Fall 2021 semester!

Edit: Just logged in to check and see if there was anything on the application page. No update there yet (though it is early, I know). Still hoping for the good news here soon!

Edited by mjsmith

Just now, coonie99 said:

Ok guys so I called admissions and they told me what they wrote in emails: mid March or late March by the latest. So I asked again whether it’d be possible to be today, and she said no. I guess that ends our anxiety at least for today 

Bummer! But at least we can all stop checking the portal for the time being.

2 minutes ago, coonie99 said:

Ok guys so I called admissions and they told me what they wrote in emails: mid March or late March by the latest. So I asked again whether it’d be possible to be today, and she said no. I guess that ends our anxiety at least for today 

Thanks for calling and asking! Definitely does take the pressure off for now. Just have to wait and see when the news comes our way.

6 minutes ago, coonie99 said:

Thank you for calling and sharing this information! I do have to say though - checking this forum actually soothe me a lot while waiting for the decision letter anxiously :) 

9 minutes ago, coonie99 said:

Thank u! I can now take my exam in peace

20 minutes ago, coonie99 said:

I'm.... upset (and naively still holding out and hoping that they are bluffing) haha