HGSE 2021

2 hours ago, hmj598 said:

My application says "2021-2022 academic year for Ed.M. and C.A.S." on the application portal. I only applied for the Ed.M., so I was wondering if it says this for anyone else....? 

Hmm. Mine doesn’t say any of that anywhere on the application portal. I just see the standard “Welcome...!” with my reference number and then bullet points about application processing and status/checklist, etc. Am I looking at the same page?

21 minutes ago, syc777 said:

Hmm. Mine doesn’t say any of that anywhere on the application portal. I just see the standard “Welcome...!” with my reference number and then bullet points about application processing and status/checklist, etc. Am I looking at the same page?

same here

3 hours ago, syc777 said:

I think that's the page with the application status, whereas hmj598 seems to be looking at the landing page on the portal that takes you to the application status :) I think it does say "Ed.M. and C.A.S." for everyone -- hope this clarifies!

I still personally think the change of programs as well as the switch from in-person meetings & evaluations to virtual meetings & evaluations would be a more critical cause for the admissions decisions to be delayed. Of course there might be some sort of increase of numbers of applications for Ed.M. programs, but we need to keep in mind that there’s no doctoral applications which means the admissions committee doesn’t have to review around 1,000 doctoral applications and dozens/hundreds of possible Ed.M. referrals from the doctoral applications. Although the doctoral programs have a different application deadline as well as a different notification date, it still gives the committee a lot more time and flexibility to review the applications for Ed.M programs solely. This is my perspective on the cause of the delay of the results. 

Edited by xyzxyz123

6 hours ago, mangoachar said:

I think that's the page with the application status, whereas hmj598 seems to be looking at the landing page on the portal that takes you to the application status :) I think it does say "Ed.M. and C.A.S." for everyone -- hope this clarifies!

Thanks for clarifying!? That makes sense. I was using the link provided in the application confirmation email, which takes me straight to the login page. In any case, as long as what I’m seeing on my end isn’t unusual either, then all good ? 

7 hours ago, mangoachar said:

That is correct!!

6 hours ago, xyzxyz123 said:

I still personally think the change of programs as well as the switch from in-person meetings & evaluations to virtual meetings & evaluations would be a more critical cause for the admissions decisions to be delayed. Of course there might be some sort of increase of numbers of applications for Ed.M. programs, but we need to keep in mind that there’s no doctoral applications which means the admissions committee doesn’t have to review around 1,000 doctoral applications and dozens/hundreds of possible Ed.M. referrals from the doctoral applications. Although the doctoral programs have a different application deadline as well as a different notification date, it still gives the committee a lot more time and flexibility to review the applications for Ed.M programs solely. This is my perspective on the cause of the delay of the results. 

Good point about the doctoral applications... I guess time will tell! I wish we had insight about the exact week/day/time. I’m trying to stay occupied and not think about it, but it’s been a rough time ? 

19 minutes ago, hmj598 said:

Good point about the doctoral applications... I guess time will tell! I wish we had insight about the exact week/day/time. I’m trying to stay occupied and not think about it, but it’s been a rough time ? 

Even when I’m “occupied” feel like all that I can think of is when the decision will be released ?? if anyone happens to contact the admissions committee via phone or email, please update here!! Really hoping to see a post claiming that the admissions rep has informed them that “the decision will be released this week” haha  

2 minutes ago, chaiandsushi said:

Don’t they have rolling admissions though?? 

Depends on the program! The program I applied to had a deadline then rolling admissions until they filled all of the spots...that particular program has finished sending out initial acceptances and everyone has a March 31st deadline to respond before they move on to the waitlist. 

Deep breath in and deep exhale out through the mouth.....deep breath in and deep exhale out.   You all are awesome for applying to any graduate program.  You should be proud of yourself because you have the courage to go after your goals and your dreams.  Take a deep breath and be patient.  Everything is going to be alright.  You are going to be alright.  You all are wonderful just the way you are.  I am speaking the truth.

1 hour ago, hales1013 said:

Penn GSE Master's result just came out. Hopefully Harvard soon! 

congrats! which program did you apply to? I am also waiting to hear back from UPenn! (applied to MSEd education, culture and society) 

3 minutes ago, emstaal said:

congrats! which program did you apply to? I am also waiting to hear back from UPenn! (applied to MSEd education, culture and society) 

I also applied to the M.S. Ed program! The one I applied to is Learning Sciences and Technologies. 

2 minutes ago, Celia0820 said:

I also applied to TC! Why my decision has not come yet? 

I was watching the results portal for a while and it seemed like the individual programs released their decisions individually rather than all of TC releasing at the same time, which is what I'm assuming HGSE is doing. Which program did you apply to? I was getting worried because I saw other programs getting decisions, but I applied to Developmental Psych, which just came out this afternoon!

Edited by penguinvibes

9 minutes ago, penguinvibes said:

I was watching the results portal for a while and it seemed like the individual programs released their decisions individually rather than all of TC releasing at the same time, which is what I'm assuming HGSE is doing. Which program did you apply to? I was getting worried because I saw other programs getting decisions, but I applied to Developmental Psych, which just came out this afternoon!

Thanks for sharing! Mine is International Educational Development Program. I'm stressed...

Edited by Celia0820