HGSE 2021

47 minutes ago, egp said:

Hi all! I have found it helpful when others have posted this in previous years so I thought I would add to the knowledge base about decision timelines. I received acceptance letters from...

- Stanford GSE ICE/IEPA MA program on Feb 27 2021

- UPenn GSE International Educational Development Program on Feb 17 2021, about a month after my application was deemed complete

- Teachers College Columbia University Economics and Education Program on Feb 25 2021

Wow you are definitely going to get into HGSE as you have been admitted to Stanford... which program are you applying at HGSE?

1 hour ago, egp said:

Hi all! I have found it helpful when others have posted this in previous years so I thought I would add to the knowledge base about decision timelines. I received acceptance letters from...

- Stanford GSE ICE/IEPA MA program on Feb 27 2021

- UPenn GSE International Educational Development Program on Feb 17 2021, about a month after my application was deemed complete

- Teachers College Columbia University Economics and Education Program on Feb 25 2021

This is really impressive! Congratulations to you!! 

4 hours ago, emstaal said:

Personally, I expect them to keep with their Friday informal tradition. Especially because we got a glimpse into their progress this week (welcome video, admitted students site), I fee like they are gearing up to share decisions. This isn't based on any other insider info though, so who knows! 

I agree! Although it wont stop me from refreshing all day today... 

32 minutes ago, chai time said:

My work just declared tomorrow an employee appreciation day and gave us the day off... so I guess I'll be here incessantly refreshing with you all :) 

I have tomorrow off as well! It seems like they've already made their decisions or they're very close (based on the welcome video and admitted students site), so I'm hoping they'll be nice and release decisions in the morning :) 

Edited by cjay2021

2 minutes ago, RoosterinSanFrancisco said:

An internal source has told me HGSE decisions will sent this week! My source guesses the email will be sent out at midnight. Good luck everyone!!!

As in today? What time zone for midnight?

15 minutes ago, RoosterinSanFrancisco said:

An internal source has told me HGSE decisions will sent this week! My source guesses the email will be sent out at midnight. Good luck everyone!!!

How sure is this guess?

6 minutes ago, RoosterinSanFrancisco said:

I know decisions will come this week. 

wooooooooooooooooow! my heart is actually beating very fast right now. omg! so today, or tomorrow. can't wait to get this over with. Thanks

3 minutes ago, xyzxyz123 said:

Midnight sounded bizarre before, until the time I received the rejection letter from Stanford GSE at 11pm California time more than a week ago.... so it literally can come any second??

I wonder the rationale behind a midnight (or 11PM) release time. Is it just for torture reasons?

Just now, aimeglobe said:

I wonder the rationale behind a midnight (or 11PM) release time. Is it just for torture reasons?

It is even more interesting to me as I am having a 13 hour difference from EST and 16 hour difference from California time... it’s more torturing and tricky to me... basically I can’t sleep during midnight (bc it’s afternoon in america) and now daytime as well lol...

11 minutes ago, xyzxyz123 said:

Midnight sounded bizarre before, until the time I received the rejection letter from Stanford GSE at 11pm California time more than a week ago.... so it literally can come any second??

This sounds crazy! Really 11pm? So we can keep waiting and hoping! But I won't lose sleep waiting for the result. I'd rather sleep and wake up to whatever it is. I actually refresh Gradcafe HGSE forum and not my mail and portal. I think  I want to see the reactions here first before I check. Good luck to everyone again! Praying we all make it through.

Just now, caxiatec said:

This sounds crazy! Really 11pm? So we can keep waiting and hoping! But I won't lose sleep waiting for the result. I'd rather sleep and wake up to whatever it is. I actually refresh Gradcafe HGSE forum and not my mail and portal. I think  I want to see the reactions here first before I check. Good luck to everyone again! Praying we all make it through.

But that’s for Stanford only and I think that’s an exception (Stanford people are interesting sometimes). Still hoping HGSE can release the decisions ASAP... it is really driving me crazy... more than two months of waiting...

1 minute ago, caxiatec said:

I'm the same! I want to know the results are out before I see mine. I need to be mentally prepared to open that email or see the decision in portal! Good Luck everyone, can't wait to hear about all of your acceptances tonight and tomorrow :D 

7 minutes ago, caxiatec said:

Same here! I check this forum way more often than my email or the portal (partially because for some reason my school mail box can’t seem to receive any system-generated emails from HGSE, not even my junk mail box ? ) lol. Praying for us all to receive that long-waited acceptance letter!! 

8 minutes ago, cjay2021 said:

I'm the same! I want to know the results are out before I see mine. I need to be mentally prepared to open that email or see the decision in portal! Good Luck everyone, can't wait to hear about all of your acceptances tonight and tomorrow :D 

I can assure you that you won’t see your results in the email. Once you are in the portal, before you click the link to the official letter, if you see there’s a link beside the link to the official letter stating “respond to enrollment...” it means you are admitted; if not, then the decision is going to be either a rejection or a waitlist.