HGSE 2021

Just now, Trytryagain said:

Is there a reason they would send out decisions in the middle of the night? I'm not complaining, I want it as soon as possible, but I don't really understand why they would. 

One reason that comes to mind is that is when they have the automatic email system set up to send it so they don't have to worry about it.

Though Also sending it it the middle of the night keeps all of us from calling their office at the same time since they won't be there. ?

Either way, hoping they decide to send it out tonight.

1 minute ago, mjsmith said:

One reason that comes to mind is that is when they have the automatic email system set up to send it so they don't have to worry about it.

Though Also sending it it the middle of the night keeps all of us from calling their office at the same time since they won't be there. ?

Either way, hoping they decide to send it out tonight.

Hahaha yea that's a good point. We'll know soon! Time to watch Netflix until 12 ?

On 3/11/2021 at 2:32 AM, penguinvibes said:

Ah love!!! If anyone who applied to HDE wants to quote, I'd love to hear what you guys are interested in :) 

Hey yah. I applied to HDE with a concentration in Early childhood education. I'm interested in the influence caregivers and community has on children. Particularly for children living in poverty or not-friendly environment, how children combat, and what external org./policies can facilitate and support them.  Hope to find someone else with shared interests too~ haha. :) 

What about you guys~

Nice to e-meet

36 minutes ago, mjsmith said:

Just logged in to check and see if anything is posted there. Don't see a decision letter....guessing later this weekend some time then.

Passing along the info for all here.

Thanks for letting us know! Hopped on to check, and didn't see anything in my inbox. Back to the wait.....

20 minutes ago, RoosterinSanFrancisco said:

All, I want to apologize. I got some bad intel. I’m certain we’ll all here by this week. Good luck!

This work week (aka today) or this week (including weekend)?
Not that it really matters, it aint like I will be able to sleep or think of anything else until the decission is out.  I just want to calculate the cost of this delay on my sanity... 

Anybody else woke up and started refreshing the portal before turning off the alarm? 

2 minutes ago, red123 said:

Is anyone brave enough to call the admissions office and see if today is a possibility for decisions to come out? I don't have the guts to do it, but would love to know. 

Yes please!! That would be so helpful. I’ll be so upset if they give the same response that they did last week and ask us to wait a while longer ??

45 minutes ago, chaiandsushi said:

Yes please!! That would be so helpful. I’ll be so upset if they give the same response that they did last week and ask us to wait a while longer ??

I just called 617-495-3414 and no one answers the phone. But voice mail said the office hour is from 1-4 pm.

Really hope today is the DAY!! Best luck to all.

Just now, Channingair said:

I just called 617-495-3414 and no one answers the phone. But voice mail said the office hour is from 1-4 pm.

Really hope today is the DAY!! Best luck to all.

Same here. I called and same thing. phew! This waiting is a real killer.

2 hours ago, chai time said:

It's a bright and beautiful morning in Cambridge and I'm off to rub the shoe! Thinking of you all! 

hahaha. Try to take a low resolution picture this time. We need loads of stuff to distract us.

7 minutes ago, JohnSJr said:

Question:  does anyone know if we will receive aid info (fellowship awards, financial aid awards, scholarships, etc) at the same time as we receive our acceptance letter?

I am not sure about scholarships, but financial aid will not come until end of the month/early april 

7 minutes ago, JohnSJr said:

Question:  does anyone know if we will receive aid info (fellowship awards, financial aid awards, scholarships, etc) at the same time as we receive our acceptance letter?

I believe financial aid info goes out a week or two after acceptances are released.