HGSE 2021

hi everyone! I've been following this thread for a while but never made an account. I just got accepted to the HGSE education/leadership/organizations/entrepreneurship program and would love to know if anyone knows more about a couple questions I have! 

- I'm still a senior in college and will be 23 in the fall. I'm wondering if anyone knows the average age of program attendants? I realize I'll probably be on the younger side but would love to know if there are other recent college grads I could connected with

- How generous is HGSE with financial aid? I was also admitted to UChicago's Harris school for MPP and their financial aid is pretty tough. I'm trying to estimate who might give me a better package in the end 

Excited for all of us! Hopefully we can meet in the fall :)

I got in waitlist too, lol. Congrats on all the people who get in!! I don't know what I gonna choose right now, accept U Toronto's offer or accept Boston College's offer + reapply Harvard the next year. 

26 minutes ago, stephanie42151 said:

hi everyone! I've been following this thread for a while but never made an account. I just got accepted to the HGSE education/leadership/organizations/entrepreneurship program and would love to know if anyone knows more about a couple questions I have! 

- I'm still a senior in college and will be 23 in the fall. I'm wondering if anyone knows the average age of program attendants? I realize I'll probably be on the younger side but would love to know if there are other recent college grads I could connected with

- How generous is HGSE with financial aid? I was also admitted to UChicago's Harris school for MPP and their financial aid is pretty tough. I'm trying to estimate who might give me a better package in the end 

Excited for all of us! Hopefully we can meet in the fall :)

I'm also a college senior!! And I'm also deciding between hgse and UChicago Harris! Very tough choice...

Hi, I'm new here but I just got rejected and I was wondering if anyone else who's also been rejected has an idea what their weakness was, because I'm trying to figure out mine. I had a 166V / 164Q / 5.5AW GRE, so I don't think it's that, and a 3.74 GPA from a top 10 LAC, so I don't think it's that either. And I have three years of experience in the field. I guess maybe my statement of purpose was just that bad?

3 minutes ago, JJJ2 said:

I'm also a college senior!! And I'm also deciding between hgse and UChicago Harris! Very tough choice...

hahah are we the same person? It's such a hard decision to make and even worse when financial aid takes 2+ weeks to come out, lol. What programs were you admitted to? Are you learning one way or the other?

Just now, stephanie42151 said:

hahah are we the same person? It's such a hard decision to make and even worse when financial aid takes 2+ weeks to come out, lol. What programs were you admitted to? Are you learning one way or the other?

I got accepted to Technology, Innovation and Education! I'm so torn right now, I slightly lean towards UChicago! What program did you apply to?

I've been lurking on this thread for weeks, and have really appreciated all of you, your lovely comments, and the atmosphere of support.

I applied for ELOE with a concentration in Arts and Learning. I got in, and I'm really excited!

Wanted to share that I applied last summer for this current academic year, and was rejected (I applied for the "Arts in Education" program.) So, if getting in was your dream (like mine) and it didn't work out today, don't rule out re-applying in the future! It might happen for you on the second try, as it did for me today.

Hugs to all!

Just now, JJJ2 said:

I got accepted to Technology, Innovation and Education! I'm so torn right now, I slightly lean towards UChicago! What program did you apply to?

I applied to ELOE at Harvard and MPP at Harris! Tbh I think it'll come down to $$ for me. Weirdly I'm also waiting to hear back from a random fellowship position I applied to so I might just defer it as well? Kind of all over the place rn hahaha

Just now, stephanie42151 said:

I applied to ELOE at Harvard and MPP at Harris! Tbh I think it'll come down to $$ for me. Weirdly I'm also waiting to hear back from a random fellowship position I applied to so I might just defer it as well? Kind of all over the place rn hahaha

Harris MPP is such a nice program! Alas, I have no idea how to decide...

24 minutes ago, xiyao said:

I got in waitlist too, lol. Congrats on all the people who get in!! I don't know what I gonna choose right now, accept U Toronto's offer or accept Boston College's offer + reapply Harvard the next year. 

Same here. Congratulations on those admitted! Do you guys know what the chances are getting in from the waitlist? 

2 hours ago, chai time said:

I'm out! No hard feelings here-- I figured as much. Congrats to everyone who got in!

Oh wooow. Hoping you can choose from one of your already positive options. thank you for keeping up good vibes on this page. The pictures and all...

Congratulations to all who were accepted. For those who didn't get in this time around. Don't give up on your dream. Remember you are trying to do good by committing to improve our educational system. When you are doing good, good things happen. This has been a long, windy road for me. You never know how it is going to turn out if just keep trying! My best wishes to you all

I got in too!!! HDE here :) don't even know how to process this, I just woke up (I'm international) and saw the email expecting a rejection, and then boom. THANK U to you all for being such a wholesome group to navigate the anxiety with. Sending you all luck and so sure that we'll all accomplish great things no matter where we end up!

4 hours ago, xyzxyz123 said:

I’m rejected but relieved, and it seems this year there are so many rejections at HGSE.... I think I will reapply - who’s onboard?

I'm with you. Rejected :( I'm disappointed but not surprised. See you in next years thread!

Congrats to everyone who got in!

Edited by cjay2021

4 hours ago, dgl28 said:

I GOT WAITLISTED at HGSE! But accepted into TC for master's so I might end up going there. 

I got waitlisted to HGSE and accepted to TC as well. Which program are you going for at TC?