No GRE Requirement

Before I started looking for PhD in English programs to apply to, I was looking to see which ones required GRE scores to apply. I found this helpful spreadsheet that lists the schools that don't require any GRE scores.

I thought I'd share it with you all, since I know it'll be helpful!

Good luck with applying! 

Hi! Thank you for sharing this! Just to add, a bunch of schools are not requiring the GREs this year because of the virus, so it might be worth it to check in with program coordinators. I know that's the case for Boston College and Northeastern University. To add a couple of other schools not on the spreadsheet, UC Santa Barbara and Tufts University don't require GRE scores. I hope this was helpful!

2 hours ago, Lighthouse Lana said:

Hi! Thank you for sharing this! Just to add, a bunch of schools are not requiring the GREs this year because of the virus, so it might be worth it to check in with program coordinators. I know that's the case for Boston College and Northeastern University. To add a couple of other schools not on the spreadsheet, UC Santa Barbara and Tufts University don't require GRE scores. I hope this was helpful!

Yes, thank you! I saw that some schools on my list don't require the GRE anymore because of COVID-19. I was relieved because that's $27 less for each school! Hah ?

• 3 weeks later...