MFA 2021 Freak Out Forum

SocialKonstruct

On 2/1/2021 at 10:01 AM, Scrambledmegs said:

The Epstein thing is just awful.  And I'm sorry to hear your friend had a bad experience at the school.  If you don't mind me asking, was the school personally inappropriate or were they artistically damaging to your friend?

Both in fact. Her career never recovered from that incident whatsoever. She just started to paint again a few years ago before now she is under chemotherapy...

3 hours ago, Clayyy said:

Also got an interview invitation from CCA!??

Anyone heard from Risd Ceramics??

Amazing! I am still waiting on CCA, unless that's a bad sign. Also still waiting to hear from risd ceramics as well, other programs seem to have heard something by now. Best of luck to everyone.

15 hours ago, refereemandem said:

you welcome, and thank you.

I've been out of undergrad for 6 years and this is my 4th round applying to MFA programs. First time i've ever gotten to a interview round. 

I'll keep my fingers crossed! I got my BFA in 2016, so it's been 5 years since I graduated. It is my second time applying. What schools other than RISD did you apply to if you don't mind me asking?

1 hour ago, berries said:

I'll keep my fingers crossed! I got my BFA in 2016, so it's been 5 years since I graduated. It is my second time applying. What schools other than RISD did you apply to if you don't mind me asking?

yale, hunter, columbia, and mica(hoffberger). wbu?

Just now, refereemandem said:

yale, hunter, columbia, and mica(hoffberger). wbu?

I applied to a bunch of schools. Yale, Bard, Columbia, Hunter, BU, SAIC, Tyler, CalArts, and UCLA. I already had an interview for Tyler and have an interview for SAIC in a couple of weeks.

So I haven’t seen much about Carnegie in this forum, have any of you applied there?

I applied to Tyler, Bard, and CMU this year and haven’t heard back from any. I’m going to assume I got rejected from Tyler, because it sounds like they already did interviews. 

Also has anyone heard back from CMU or Bard?

6 minutes ago, Antisocialprintmaker said:

So I haven’t seen much about Carnegie in this forum, have any of you applied there?

I applied to Tyler, Bard, and CMU this year and haven’t heard back from any. I’m going to assume I got rejected from Tyler, because it sounds like they already did interviews. 

Also has anyone heard back from CMU or Bard?

Just received a letter of rejection from CMU. I think they'll notify folks today or throughout this week.

25 minutes ago, 123123435 said:

@berries So no word from Bard either? I hope to hear something from them.

Not yet. It seems like Bard sends out interview invitations around feb 12th? I’m not sure though

2 hours ago, ccrnnr9 said:

I applied to New Mexico, Arizona, and U of Houston.

I've heard back from the first two and curious if anyone has heard back from Houston. For what it's worth I applied to the photo/imaging departments at each university.

How recently did you hear from New Mexico and Arizona? Did they email or did you have to check the portal?

16 hours ago, artist wannabe said:

They did say first week of feb in some occasions. It is nerve wracking, but we are in this tgt. Imma post here if im rejected or invited to interview 

It's so nerve wracking! But yes, we are in this together and I'm sure everyone will get into the school they want bc from the art portfolios shared on here, everyone is SO talented!!! Good luck!