UPenn 2021

ILoveEdPolicy

Hey, anyone. Figure crossed to all of us for the upcoming decision released dates :)

I'm wondering anyone apply to ISHD (Interdisciplinary Studies of Human Development) or receive any results? 

4 hours ago, alxbam said:

Hey, anyone. Figure crossed to all of us for the upcoming decision released dates :)

I'm wondering anyone apply to ISHD (Interdisciplinary Studies of Human Development) or receive any results? 

Hi! I applied to the ISHD program too and have not heard back yet. I do know someone who did received ISHD offer a week ago with 5k scholarship. And to be honest I am just more anxious about it now :p

Good luck to you!

9 hours ago, LalaC said:

Hi! I applied to the ISHD program too and have not heard back yet. I do know someone who did received ISHD offer a week ago with 5k scholarship. And to be honest I am just more anxious about it now ?

Good luck to you!

Heyah! Wow! That's amazing!! I received an email from them about reviewing the application, and so nervous about how long they will update the result ?  Do you know how long he/she receive the result after submitting it? 

Look luck to both of us~ 

On 3/2/2021 at 6:35 AM, LalaC said:

Hi! I applied to the ISHD program too and have not heard back yet. I do know someone who did received ISHD offer a week ago with 5k scholarship. And to be honest I am just more anxious about it now ?

Good luck to you!

Hey! just to follow up.

I received my offer yesterday, and it has been eight weeks since I submitted my application to them. 

Good luck! 

11 hours ago, alxbam said:

Hey! just to follow up.

I received my offer yesterday, and it has been eight weeks since I submitted my application to them. 

Good luck! 

Congratulations! 

It has been 7 weeks since I submitted my application so I am comforting myself with that!

I still haven't heard back yet and I submitted my application in the second week of December.

Just curious - has anyone gotten rejected? Do admissions usually leave rejections to the very end or do they send out both acceptances and rejections on a rolling basis?

Hey guys!
I just got my acceptance today to the MSEd TESOL program. Applied in mid January (priority deadline was Feb 1st), received an email to check decision on application portal. The original email I got when I applied said that results would come out by "mid-March," so I'm assuming everyone should hear back soon unless you applied after the priority deadline.

I also got accepted into the MSEd Learning Sciences and Technologies Program and received a merit scholarship and don't see an invitation to apply to anything else.

Not sure what this means, but there's some text below the scholarship offer that says - " ...We are reviewing your eligibility to have this scholarship converted to a named scholarship, and if you are eligible, you will be notified in a separate letter..."

Congratulations to everyone! ^_^

I also got accepted into Learning Sciences and Technologies program with a  merit scholarship. Congrats to all who got in! 

Edited by s2094

For those that got accepted to Learning Sciences and Technologies -- what are you guys thinking? Accept or decline? What factors are you considering when making the decision? Any particular things you either love or hate about the program?

I really love the 60 hour internship and the fact that there's a capstone project. Accept or decline? So many factors will determine this: Response from the other schools I applied to; The funding I can get; Getting admitted or not into the other schools. UPenn is my first and only decision so far. So fingers crossed.

On 3/8/2021 at 9:06 PM, Beezkneez08 said:

I just got accepted to Learning Sciences and Technologies, MSEd! Also given a merit scholarship but was not invited to apply to a Dean's scholarship.

Ahh okay, thank you! Just trying to find out a little more about it since it's mentioned on the website :)

I know I'm not the only one wondering about this -- how exactly does Penn GSE imagine that people will be able to afford to attend? I received a merit scholarship, but if I understand the website correctly there are no assistantships available in my program (Ed Policy) and no other form of financial aid that I qualify for other than loans, leaving me with tens of thousands of dollars left to make up. Education isn't one of those fields with payscales that justify debt on that scale. Are others just in better shape on the scholarship front than I am, or do you have mega savings or what?

I have other offers with good funding, but I'm still curious about this.

On 3/8/2021 at 2:53 PM, emstaal said:

Has anyone heard back who applied to MSEd Education, Culture, and Society? 

Have you heard back from this program? I submitted my application in mid December, but I haven’t heard back anything yet. It’s already mid March.... 

Anyone here apply to the M.S.Ed Education, Culture and Society program? I went to an info session and the program director said they try to do a 30-day turnaround for decisions from the priority deadline (which would be today). Also the last "wave" of acceptances from a Penn GSE program was last Monday so hoping we hear something today! I was rejected from HGSE last Friday and would really like some good news