UPenn 2021

ILoveEdPolicy

2 minutes ago, PsychologicalDisk582 said:

Anyone here apply to the M.S.Ed Education, Culture and Society program? I went to an info session and the program director said they try to do a 30-day turnaround for decisions from the priority deadline (which would be today). Also the last "wave" of acceptances from a Penn GSE program was last Monday so hoping we hear something today! I was rejected from HGSE last Friday and would really like some good news

I applied to this program... what is the 30 day turnaround? I thought we were expecting to hear back by mid-March. I got rejected by Stanford couple weeks ago....

4 minutes ago, PsychologicalDisk582 said:

Anyone here apply to the M.S.Ed Education, Culture and Society program? I went to an info session and the program director said they try to do a 30-day turnaround for decisions from the priority deadline (which would be today). Also the last "wave" of acceptances from a Penn GSE program was last Monday so hoping we hear something today! I was rejected from HGSE last Friday and would really like some good news

I didn’t read it carefully. You mean the decision will come out today..... I’m anxious now. 

14 minutes ago, BaibaiZ said:

Have you heard back from this program? I submitted my application in mid December, but I haven’t heard back anything yet. It’s already mid March.... 

I haven't! My application was complete until right before the 2/15 deadline though

15 minutes ago, PsychologicalDisk582 said:

I have not heard back yet! 

1 hour ago, PsychologicalDisk582 said:

I also applied and also heard the same re: 30-day turnaround. I emailed admissions this morning to ask about when we might hear back (bc I can't take the wait anymore!) but I doubt I'll hear back anytime soon...wishing all of you luck!

1 minute ago, chocolatechips said:

Thanks! Received an email with a link which took me to the application portal, where a document with the decision was uploaded. 

@chocolatechipsGotcha, I haven't gotten an email and my portal hasn't updated so I have a feeling I got rejected ? but congrats!

Edited by PsychologicalDisk582

37 minutes ago, chocolatechips said:

YAYYY congrats! I was secretly staying hopeful for you! Do you know yet if you will accept the offer? It will come down to $$ for me...

Aww thank you that means a lot haha!! I think it'll also come down to $$ for me, and I'm waiting on one more school so we'll see what happens. I am a huge fan of ECS and Penn GSE though! Out of all my choices rn it's my top one

On 3/1/2021 at 1:35 PM, LalaC said:

Hi! I applied to the ISHD program too and have not heard back yet. I do know someone who did received ISHD offer a week ago with 5k scholarship. And to be honest I am just more anxious about it now ?

Good luck to you!

hi to both of you! I am also ISHD for next year :)

4 hours ago, JY11 said:

submitted my application to Interdisciplinary study in Human development on Jan.15th but still haven't heard back yet ?

submitted on Jan. 20 and I am still waiting as well

On 3/16/2021 at 2:07 AM, penguinvibes said:

Has anyone heard about the accepted students facebook page? on an email I received a while ago it said I would be getting a link soon, but I'm just eager to get on!

I haven't heard anything - any updates?

On 3/7/2021 at 9:45 PM, mangoachar said:

Hey guys, a question for those admitted - has anybody been invited to apply to the Dean's scholarship? 

I have not, heard it was to be awarded in April. But I also read on their website (https://www.gse.upenn.edu/admissions/financial-aid/penngse-scholarships), "Decisions for the Dean’s Scholarship are typically announced in a separate award letter in late April..." ... does this mean this is after the April 15th deadline............? 

Hi folks, weird question - is anyone going to the admitted students event today and would be willing to share the link? I registered twice but never got any Zoom info!

3 hours ago, izbee said:

Hi folks, weird question - is anyone going to the admitted students event today and would be willing to share the link? I registered twice but never got any Zoom info!

did you end up attending? i attended and they said that it was also being recorded and they will send it out via email 

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2021 at 5:22 PM, mangoachar said:

Same here!!! Congratulations! And I will be applying to the UNESCO fellowship as well, there's no way I can afford the program with the amount of merit aid currently provided :( ... good luck to you & perhaps we will see each other at Penn come fall :)

Hi any feedback from UNESCO yet?