Music Fall 2021 applicants

comp ic8

23 hours ago, JustAnotherComposer said:

So don't know how they're doing it this year of course - last year I had some friends applying to the MM there. I believe the faculty reached out to them at some point to invite them to a non-mandatory campus visit (though this did not guarantee acceptance...).  Not sure that really helps but that's what I got :) 

no no this is great---- thanks!!! :) 

2 hours ago, purposelessplayer said:

Composer here - applied to Harvard, Northwestern, McGill, UC Berkeley, UC San Diego, and Illinois. Interviewed w/Harvard last week, invited to interview w/Northwestern next month, accepted to Illinois two days ago.

Welcome to the forum! Any chance that you've heard from Berkeley? Somebody reported a musicology acceptance on Friday evening but neither I nor anybody else I know who has applied (composers and musicologists) have received anything.

2 minutes ago, DEFGECD said:

Welcome to the forum! Any chance that you've heard from Berkeley? Somebody reported a musicology acceptance on Friday evening but neither I nor anybody else I know who has applied (composers and musicologists) have received anything.

Thanks!! Nothing from Berkeley yet.

Hello gang, composer checking in here. Applying to master's programs at: Yale, Stony Brook, Wesleyan, Montclair State, Tufts, and Brooklyn College. Have only heard back from Yale, a rejection. Looking forward to waiting with you all!

14 hours ago, freshavocado said:

Hello gang, composer checking in here. Applying to master's programs at: Yale, Stony Brook, Wesleyan, Montclair State, Tufts, and Brooklyn College. Have only heard back from Yale, a rejection. Looking forward to waiting with you all!

oh hey, i also applied to wesleyan!! haven't heard anything from them yet either, but they've got that comparatively late deadline and all :)

1 hour ago, greenmountain said:

oh hey, i also applied to wesleyan!! haven't heard anything from them yet either, but they've got that comparatively late deadline and all :)

Sweet! I applied to the school last year and they got back to me (with a rejection) in mid-March. So we got a ways to go. I have no idea what the timeline is for acceptances.

14 minutes ago, JustAnotherComposer said:

Nope.  Pretty antsy but nothing to do about it.  Could be weeks before I hear anything more.

Yeah, man. When I applied to Masters programs a couple years ago things seemed to start rolling more quickly in February. Remember that no news is often good news with these things.

On 1/18/2021 at 6:09 AM, hellohellohello said:

so far have heard from michigan and toronto re: interviews. no word from the others yet. have applied to harvard, brown, nyu, eastman, michigan, toronto. how about you?

Does the interview at Michigan include a test component or is it mostly about your interests/ps/research etc? Got an interview there as well...

Y'all I'm about to kill UNC haha. Looks like acceptances and a rejection have gone out for musicology. My application page updated to say that they periodically send email updates yet...no email. It's driving me bonkers! 

1 minute ago, musiclibk said:

Y'all I'm about to kill UNC haha. Looks like acceptances and a rejection have gone out for musicology. My application page updated to say that they periodically send email updates yet...no email. It's driving me bonkers! 

Have you checked your spam/trash folders? Sometimes important emails end up there for me...which also drives me bonkers. I've learned to check those daily.