Music Fall 2021 applicants

comp ic8

Has anyone heard from UNL for Composition yet? I had an interview at the end of January for composition and at the time, they had one more weekend of interviews to do. I seem to recall that they would start to give results around this time. On the other hand, I know the performers are still doing interviews as of this last weekend. 

On 2/13/2021 at 4:38 PM, JustAnotherComposer said:

Saw your "no composers were outright admitted this cycle" results post.

Really not a fan of this.  I know some places don't know ahead of time if they will have any spots at all for composers, but of course that doesn't stop them from taking people's application fees (and then probably never informing them whether or not there was ever a spot). 

If you can't guarantee that you will be able to take people - either make it known in the application or suspend the cycle.  Not that I'm personally affected by this school (but who can say about any others?) but still...

Just got the rejection letter now.

so bad that they charged us the fee for nothing..

Well, lets wait more decisions

Good luck u all!

21 minutes ago, aspecialmusician said:

Good luck u all!

Well I certainly don’t know if anyone was accepted or not. Sorry it didn’t work out for you. I hope they took someone. 

2 hours ago, aspecialmusician said:

Good luck u all!

I was waitlisted so they're considering composers. Just waiting to see if a spot opens up. It's such a strange year, we're all trying to make it through. Good luck on the rest!

On 2/9/2021 at 9:29 PM, SoTired1 said:

Okay. I don't know if this will help but I had my interview with Stanford last week and still waiting to hear back I am going for Ethnomusicology. I am not sure how the CCRMA dept works. 

Heya can I ask where else you applied?

31 minutes ago, musiclibk said:

Yeesh so much red on the results page! I hope everyone is doing okay. ❤️

Someone randomly spamming the page with "postal service" rejections though.  

Anyway I just need NYU to notify and then my calculus will be clear.  Unfortunately it looks like they don't send rejections until at least a month from now normally?  What's up with that...

10 hours ago, musiclibk said:

Yeesh so much red on the results page! I hope everyone is doing okay. ❤️

Been a rough week, hasn't it? I was rejected at Harvard and Brown (on the same day ?) but thankfully have two other great options. Still waiting on a couple more schools.

How is everyone else doing?

12 hours ago, JustAnotherComposer said:

Someone randomly spamming the page with "postal service" rejections though.  

Anyway I just need NYU to notify and then my calculus will be clear.  Unfortunately it looks like they don't send rejections until at least a month from now normally?  What's up with that...

Ugh that's so unnecessary! Don't they know we're losing our minds!?

2 hours ago, hellohellohello said:

Been a rough week, hasn't it? I was rejected at Harvard and Brown (on the same day ?) but thankfully have two other great options. Still waiting on a couple more schools.

I'm glad you have options! Fingers crossed for the rest!

I've heard back with initial results from all my schools now. 2 rejections, 1 acceptance, and 2 waitlists. So I feel more at peace than I did a week or so ago, but it's not done yet! 

24 minutes ago, musiclibk said:

I've heard back with initial results from all my schools now. 2 rejections, 1 acceptance, and 2 waitlists. So I feel more at peace than I did a week or so ago, but it's not done yet! 

could i ask which schools you've heard back from? happy to DM if you're more comfortable!

1 hour ago, hellohellohello said:

could i ask which schools you've heard back from? happy to DM if you're more comfortable!

Sure! Rejected by Harvard and UC Berkeley, waitlisted at Eastman and UNC Chapel Hill, accepted at Case Western Reserve. 

6 hours ago, hellohellohello said:

You heard back from Brown? I haven't heard anything one way or the other... I'm starting to see results trickle in for others so who knows what that means.

I was told I would hear back mid February from a few places and everyones gone radio silent..

7 hours ago, musiclibk said:

Sure! Rejected by Harvard and UC Berkeley, waitlisted at Eastman and UNC Chapel Hill, accepted at Case Western Reserve. 

Ha! We have the exact same results, although I didn't apply to CWRU (congrats!). I'm still waiting on one last program, but it seems promising.

Edited by DEFGECD

55 minutes ago, cfi1980 said:

Anyone heard back from composition (PhD) at UCSD, UC Irvine, Eastman, and CalArts? I had interviews with Eastman and UC Irvine at the begining of Feb', haven't heard back yet... 

Results page from previous years suggests Eastman results around beginning of March.

There are some UCSD rejections already on the results page so who knows. 

Edited by JustAnotherComposer

On 2/19/2021 at 4:46 PM, JoshA said:

You heard back from Brown? I haven't heard anything one way or the other... I'm starting to see results trickle in for others so who knows what that means.

I was told I would hear back mid February from a few places and everyones gone radio silent..

looks like quite a few brown rejections went out on tuesday (including my own ?) - haven't seen any acceptances/waitlists though, so could be a good sign for you? who knows!

8 hours ago, cfi1980 said:

Anyone heard back from composition (PhD) at UCSD, UC Irvine, Eastman, and CalArts? I had interviews with Eastman and UC Irvine at the begining of Feb', haven't heard back yet... 

UCSD usually does 'rolling admissions', so nothings sure until April.  This year is obviously a weird one though.

Has anyone else heard back from Brown's Music & Multimedia Composition program? It looks like there were interviews in January, but no Acceptances/Rejections posted here yet. I haven't heard anything myself!

Hope everyone's navigating the waiting period well!! Congrats to all who got into their program! Sending good energy to folks who are dealing with disappointment too! There will be something beautiful around the corner!

3 minutes ago, MatisseDuchamp said:

Has anyone else heard back from Brown's Music & Multimedia Composition program? It looks like there were interviews in January, but no Acceptances/Rejections posted here yet. I haven't heard anything myself!

Hope everyone's navigating the waiting period well!! Congrats to all who got into their program! Sending good energy to folks who are dealing with disappointment too! There will be something beautiful around the corner!

Same here waiting from MEME. I didn't receive any interview invitation too.. :(