Stanford GSE 2021

HTG7728

6 minutes ago, Jeanne A. said:

Well guys it became so quiet in here...may be you received your emails?

It's 1.10 night here...So, I think it's very obvious that the results will be out within few hours and we all finally get our results...

Just wanted to say good night...and to admit and to acknowledge that I am very much scared to receive my admission decision.

Sleep well! I will run around doing the paperwork I neglected yesterday. I am anxious and scared but this forum community will help me deal with the result in a better manner.

Sociology rejections have been sent out today. I feel amazed when applicants vent against universities when they are not accepted. I understand what they are going through and the need to vent but what amazes me is their confidence. I mean, if I am rejected I will always reflect on what I lack which can get me into a negative state for days. I wonder if I would be happier if I could also say, “Meh! Their loss!”

2 minutes ago, iamsoscared96 said:

happy to answer questions if there are any! my POI was surprised that I hadn't received a letter already, so I'm guessing they're going out soon?

Congratulations! Has he told you something about how competitive admissions were this year?

Just now, iamsoscared96 said:

happy to answer questions if there are any! my POI was surprised that I hadn't received a letter already, so I'm guessing they're going out soon?

oh, that's interesting. has your status changed on the online application system? or does it still say submitted? congratulations once again! 

3 minutes ago, iamsoscared96 said:

1. no my status hasn't changed on the portal

2. no interview, he was just congratulating me on the acceptance

3. not sure if today is the day! but he thought I already knew I was accepted 

Had you ever been in touch with your POI before this phone call? Was he the exact one you mentioned in your application?

I had to step away for a moment and missed all the excitement when @iamsoscared96shared results. A huge congratulations to you!! What an amazing accomplishment :). And thank you for not forgetting us and coming back here to answer our questions after you got in.

@Toyo, were you able to get any paperwork done? :) Like @FreeZapata, I don't have an online presence (no social media account), which makes it all the more strange that I feel so invested in everyone's lives on this forum now!

21 minutes ago, iamsoscared96 said:

1. no my status hasn't changed on the portal

2. no interview, he was just congratulating me on the acceptance

3. not sure if today is the day! but he thought I already knew I was accepted 

Thanks for the info and congratulations !!! ?

1 minute ago, ngdt said:

I had to step away for a moment and missed all the excitement when @iamsoscared96shared results. A huge congratulations to you!! What an amazing accomplishment :). And thank you for not forgetting us and coming back here to answer our questions after you got in.

@Toyo, were you able to get any paperwork done? :) Like @FreeZapata, I don't have an online presence (no social media account), which makes it all the more strange that I feel so invested in everyone's lives on this forum now!

No!!!, I gave myself 20 reasons to postpone it to tomorrow! I think tomorrow I will be running around getting my work done with tears pouring out and making puddles wherever I go!

1 hour ago, Toyo said:

Sociology rejections have been sent out today. I feel amazed when applicants vent against universities when they are not accepted. I understand what they are going through and the need to vent but what amazes me is their confidence. I mean, if I am rejected I will always reflect on what I lack which can get me into a negative state for days. I wonder if I would be happier if I could also say, “Meh! Their loss!”

I'm glad you mentioned this. I think it's important to understand that this application process is very personal and we are all navigating our own insecurities, struggles and hopes during this time. For the record, I am the person who stated that it's Stanford's loss for not accepting me. To feel confident in my abilities and my value-add to their cohort and to also reflect on how I could have done better are not mutually exclusive. It's important that we aren't quick to jump to conclusions about people's attitudes, confidence levels or circumstances because truth be told, you weren't with me when I cried my eyes out during this admissions cycle. You weren't with me on days that I struggled through self-hatred and self-doubt. I'm grateful that I am finally at a point where I recognize, HEY I AM AWESOME! And maybe Stanford can't see that, but someone else will. In any case Toyo, I wish you all the best, and however your admissions cycle turns out, I hope that you will be confident in your awesomeness and in the brilliance you bring to whatever cohort you enter. Because you need to be unshakeable in that. Grad school is hard enough. Cheers!