Stanford GSE 2021

HTG7728

6 hours ago, jf_cl said:

The only numbers I've seen are here https://ed.stanford.edu/admissions/diversity-profile 

Thanks for this! It says 54% of the class have PhDs? Surely that is wrong, the majority of the class are MA students and even for a PhD applicant, I think it's rare to do one after having completed another. Anyone got an explanation for this? EDIT: My bad, I misread and it's just 'Advanced Degree', which I guess includes masters. 

Edited by Blane

I was wondering if anyone else has a CertiFile verification on their portal once they login? I didn't log into my profile for a while and when I checking in on it I found that. I haven't heard back from the GSE regarding anything yet, so I was just curious if that pops up on other people's profiles too? 

5 minutes ago, Blane said:

Thanks for this! It says 54% of the class have PhDs? Surely that is wrong, the majority of the class are MA students and even for a PhD applicant, I think it's rare to do one after having completed another. Anyone got an explanation for this? 

54% (of doctoral students) have advanced degrees (like a MA/MS/etc)

4 minutes ago, Blane said:

Thanks for this! It says 54% of the class have PhDs? Surely that is wrong, the majority of the class are MA students and even for a PhD applicant, I think it's rare to do one after having completed another. Anyone got an explanation for this? 

I believe this means that 54% of the doctoral students are coming in with an advanced degree (typically an MA, although I know someone with a JD prior to her PhD program), and 3% of the MA students are coming in having already acquired a previous advanced degree (typically another MA). 

2 minutes ago, aa29 said:

I was wondering if anyone else has a CertiFile verification on their portal once they login? I didn't log into my profile for a while and when I checking in on it I found that. I haven't heard back from the GSE regarding anything yet, so I was just curious if that pops up on other people's profiles too? 

yeah I'm pretty sure it's there for everybody

2 minutes ago, aa29 said:

It does but it isn't a part of the application process so you can just ignore it.

2 minutes ago, mkkenny13 said:

yeah I'm pretty sure it's there for everybody

3 minutes ago, iheartscience said:

I believe this means that 54% of the doctoral students are coming in with an advanced degree (typically an MA, although I know someone with a JD prior to her PhD program), and 3% of the MA students are coming in having already acquired a previous advanced degree (typically another MA). 

yeah just realized after i posted haha.

But on this subject. Does anybody know how the GSE might feel about somebody applying one year after beginning another program? A Professor at one less competitive school as offered me a place, under the assumption that I will be re-applying next year. For me, it's an opportunity to keep researching my area of interest for at least a year, and for them I think it's an opportunity to potentially convince me to stay in the long run, and worst case scenario have a student from the program who went on to Stanford, Harvard, Xyz. I'm concerned applying while I'm enrolled in another program won't look too great on my application, even with the professors blessing. Is it common for people to do stuff like this? It wasn't my idea, and I'm not all to familiar with how this stuff goes....

Good morning guys...So, as usually these days,  the first thing in the morning to check my email, and this forum...

I have nothing in my inbox this morning again..so I think what will come is a rejection letter.

Last night, before going to sleep finally, I was reading about unconditional love to yourself. It was written there that I have to treat myself well and to value myself no matter what happens in my life (victories, failures, etc).

In all those changeable variables, loving yourself must be a constant thing?. Reading that helped me a lot. 

This morning I realized that I am tired and exhausted of feeling like that: feeling miserable in waiting of whether I will be assessed as "good enough" or "not good enough". 

I am always good enough. For myself. So, I am going to have my tea and my good breakfast! Whatever comes, is ok.

20210212_090817.jpg

2 hours ago, Jeanne A. said:

Good morning guys...So, as usually these days,  the first thing in the morning to check my email, and this forum...

I have nothing in my inbox this morning again..so I think what will come is a rejection letter.

Last night, before going to sleep finally, I was reading about unconditional love to yourself. It was written there that I have to treat myself well and to value myself no matter what happens in my life (victories, failures, etc).

In all those changeable variables, loving yourself must be a constant thing?. Reading that helped me a lot. 

This morning I realized that I am tired and exhausted of feeling like that: feeling miserable in waiting of whether I will be assessed as "good enough" or "not good enough". 

I am always good enough. For myself. So, I am going to have my tea and my good breakfast! Whatever comes, is ok.

20210212_090817.jpg

Tea or Chai is my relaxing balm! I have also accepted the most expected outcome but there is this tiny spark of hope pushing against the burnt bits of my current dream.

3 hours ago, Toyo said:

Tea or Chai is my relaxing balm! I have also accepted the most expected outcome but there is this tiny spark of hope pushing against the burnt bits of my current dream.

No interview, no teaching experience, feel my SoP missed the mark, etc. But here I am at 4:30 in the morning, checking my mails. Hope is a strange power.

1 hour ago, Toyo said:

No interview, no teaching experience, feel my SoP missed the mark, etc. But here I am at 4:30 in the morning, checking my mails. Hope is a strange power.

Most certainly. If we do not find out today, I may have to block this website and the admissions portal on my browser so I stop looking at it during the weekend and next week, so I may focus on work :(

Just now, gvjcb1000000 said:

Most certainly. If we do not find out today, I may have to block this website and the admissions portal on my browser so I stop looking at it during the weekend and next week, so I may focus on work :(

Feel totally the same like both of you........

1 hour ago, Toyo said: