Stanford GSE 2021

HTG7728

4 minutes ago, Toyo said:

Congratulations to the SHIP candidate who got accepted! I think since professors now know who they are going to take on, it will probably start noon onwards. Someone mentioned last year the mails were sent out around 3/3:30 PST. I think the time sounds ideal. Not too early and not too late.

Will avoid emails at this time if working :D 

2 minutes ago, Toyo said:

Fair enough! But good for you that you got an interview opportunity. I feel horrible because my hard work and years of experience were not enough to get me one interview. This is life, I guess!

Sorry, I am in a downer mood due to my nerves.

Don't ever apologise, it's ok to feel down and nervous. 

I can say it's not that your experience is 'not enough' it's never about whether it's 'enough' but more a right fit for that professor and what they are studying. 

For example, so many brilliant students are rejected from Stanford but accepted into other amazing programs instead because they fit the department or the specific professor's availability, or even funding decisions can impact this.

Edited by gvjcb1000000

Can you believe that I even dreamt about reading my acceptance letter last night? But in the dream, the letter was very difficult to read; each line would only appear after you had read the previous line, and the entire letter was really blurry. 

I do not wish this horror of waiting on my worst enemy!

Just now, gvjcb1000000 said:

Don't ever apologise, it's ok to feel down and nervous. 

I can say it's not that your experience is 'not enough' it's never about whether it's 'enough' but more a right fit for that professor and what they are studying. 

I wanted to do exactly what my PoI is doing ?. That's why I am a little sad that I didn't get a glance.

2 minutes ago, Toyo said:

Fair enough! But good for you that you got an interview opportunity. I feel horrible because my hard work and years of experience were not enough to get me one interview. This is life, I guess!

Sorry, I am in a downer mood due to my nerves.

Honestly, I feel the same. But we really should not worry and speculate. 

Just now, jk25 said:

Can you believe that I even dreamt about reading my acceptance letter last night? But in the dream, the letter was very difficult to read; each line would only appear after you had read the previous line, and the entire letter was really blurry. 

I do not wish this horror of waiting on my worst enemy!

This is a good video game idea! Sell it to those people who made Sekiro!

11 minutes ago, Toyo said:

Congratulations to the SHIP candidate who got accepted! I think since professors now know who they are going to take on, it will probably start noon onwards. Someone mentioned last year the mails were sent out around 3/3:30 PST. I think the time sounds ideal. Not too early and not too late.

Hi Toyo! Do you mean the results will be sent tonight?

Just now, jk25 said:

Has anyone on here gotten replies from other schools yet? I am still waiting on all my other schools. I'm at that stage where I need some positive feedback.

I am also waiting. Stanford deadline was the earliest for me. So I think I will be waiting till April to hear from others.

2 minutes ago, jk25 said:

Has anyone on here gotten replies from other schools yet? I am still waiting on all my other schools. I'm at that stage where I need some positive feedback.

I’ve also been waiting endlessly. One school told me I should hear back by early February and now I’m starting to lose hope haha

Just now, mkkenny13 said:

I don't think most results are coming today. That person reached out to POI so their notice was a bit expedited. Save your energy for thursday/friday

Yes, I also understood it like that.

Re 'saving energy' - thank you? ok then good night guys and see you all very soon??

Just now, Jeanne A. said:

Yes, I also understood it like that.

Re 'saving energy' - thank you? ok then good night guys and see you all very soon??

Have you guys seen the new acceptances on the results page?