Stanford GSE 2021

HTG7728

Just now, Jeanne A. said:

OMG yes i just checked. I guess that I will wake up tomorrow morning and my result will be in the inbox ?

All of them were informed via e-mail though, so I am not sure the portal will be ready tomorrow. But I do hope so.

4 minutes ago, jk25 said:

All of them were informed via e-mail though, so I am not sure the portal will be ready tomorrow. But I do hope so.

Isn't it the same thing? I mean I thought an email comes to check portal? I thought this is how it works? No? ??‍♀️

8 minutes ago, Toyo said:

So I guess if you had an interview then you get rejected through a personal mail but if you didn't then you get a mass rejection.

Toyo, me and other people have many times confirmed that not all faculty do interviews, I'm pretty sure that's a fact. So what about people who didn't get an interview? When will they know? ?

11 minutes ago, crocophil said:

Toyo, me and other people have many times confirmed that not all faculty do interviews, I'm pretty sure that's a fact. So what about people who didn't get an interview? When will they know? ?

I am in the same boat in the same storm with you! I think my PoI does interviews so ha ha ha ha ha the weather looks nice!

23 minutes ago, crocophil said:

I imagine mass email to everyone on Friday as well? 

Makes sense for POI to follow up directly if interviewed but also then makes more sense for standard Stanford acceptance for those not interviewed? than a POI emailing someone for the first time?

9 minutes ago, gvjcb1000000 said:

I imagine mass email to everyone on Friday as well? 

Makes sense for POI to follow up directly if interviewed but also then makes more sense for standard Stanford acceptance for those not interviewed? than a POI emailing someone for the first time?

I'm trying hard to not grasp at straws here, but your logic makes total sense to me :).

Since so many decisions have already been released, I'm putting my money on getting official results either today or tomorrow, but *shrug*

Just now, ed.applicant said:

This is what happened last year: Stanford GSE's website said that decisions were due mid-February. On 2/14 (a Friday), a classmate who also applied to the same program got her acceptance letter in the morning. My rejection letter came 8 hours later, late in the afternoon (pacific time).

Thank you for confirming

If you check the previous results, it seems like all the acceptances come a couple of days early, then there is a day with a mass email and al the results are rejections. My guess is they email or ring accepted people early in the week, and then at the end of the week they send out a mass email to everyone else. 

Congratulations to the admitted people! If we have any in our midst, I personally would love to hear about your profile and see what I might be able to do to better myself for next years applications :D