Princeton SPIA MPA 2021

KRS2021

3 minutes ago, MPP2021app said:

Same here. Will you be providing additional materials to the admissions committee?

Not sure I have much more to send over, but will be giving an update on a new work initiative that could be of interest. Realize the chance of people declining offers is low with full funding, but we will see. 

Current SPIA student here with a reminder that whether or not you got in is not reflective of your worth or your potential to make positive change in the world! The person you are, and your drive to make people's lives better in whatever way you are passionate about, is not determined by what school you end up at or if you even go to graduate school at all.

Also, a word of encouragement to the wait-list folks, since I was one in 2019 - it is possible. My best advice for dealing in the meantime is to send in whatever supplemental materials they ask for (for me it was a statement about my continued interest in the program) and then start making plans you're excited about somewhere else. Great things are ahead, wherever you end up.

18 hours ago, City Stripes said:

Current SPIA student here with a reminder that whether or not you got in is not reflective of your worth or your potential to make positive change in the world! The person you are, and your drive to make people's lives better in whatever way you are passionate about, is not determined by what school you end up at or if you even go to graduate school at all.

Also, a word of encouragement to the wait-list folks, since I was one in 2019 - it is possible. My best advice for dealing in the meantime is to send in whatever supplemental materials they ask for (for me it was a statement about my continued interest in the program) and then start making plans you're excited about somewhere else. Great things are ahead, wherever you end up.

Just got more guidance and info on the waitlist process, including background on the Statement of Continued Interest. When was it that you actually heard back? How many waitlisted students got a place in your cohort? Can you share any other useful tips?

20 hours ago, onvrra said:

Just got more guidance and info on the waitlist process, including background on the Statement of Continued Interest. When was it that you actually heard back? How many waitlisted students got a place in your cohort? Can you share any other useful tips?

I heard back about a month later, a few days after the decision deadline. I'd paid the deposit for another school by then and had to request a release.

I believe 3-5 students got in from the waitlist in my year, but it does vary from year to year.

For the statement, be enthusiastic and specific - show that you've done your homework and know why this program is the best fit for you, and what you'll add to it. Then send it in and try to forget about it (not easy, but better for your happiness these next few weeks). Good luck!

8 hours ago, CAKHKS79 said:

which other US universities you have applied and the results 

I applied to mid career programs at SAIS, Goldman, SPIA and HKS. Am into the first 3. Waiting for HKS to announce. what about you?

Edited by nkrish21

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2021 at 5:56 PM, onvrra said:

The office said they’d be considering their waitlist beginning the week of 4/26. Would love updates as others hear anything this week to help manage expectations!

I'm in the same situation as you. No news yet... 

Also waiting! In the first email they sent they said it could be up till May 15, so I'm guessing won't hear back this week. I emailed them a few days ago to ask about updates on timelines and haven't heard back :/. I need to accept an offer somewhere else but have been waiting till the last minute..

Edited by mmzw

That really sucks. But yeah from the wording of their email it seems they will just start consulting the waitlist this week. They didn't say they would notify us this week. Frustrating but I guess we'll have to wait 1-2 weeks. 

Edited by Peter123123

8 minutes ago, mppaspiring said:

Same for me. Don't know why they needed all the extra time then?

Maybe they give some window for students who accepted their offers to defer and/or opt to start at other schools in the fall for joint degrees. Definitely disappointed, but happy to have an answer.