Georgetown SFS - Fall 2021

niceswing

9 minutes ago, Me213 said:

Did you receive a scholarship? Can you confirm that it rolls over per year or do we need to contact financial aid? Thank you!

I did get a bit of a scholarship and mine does renew so long as I maintain a 3.0 GPA, and I imagine most funding offers have similar criteria. That being said, depending on where the funding is coming from (general scholarship fund, third party donors, etc.), there may be different considerations. I would contact Julie or Ja'net in admissions and they can probably confirm for sure. ?

Just now, EscapingBrexit said:

Does anyone else find it weird that in a two page admission letter there are literally just two lines that hint at congratulations, and there's like no info about the school or the program itself? 

Does that come later?

I thought I got rejected at first because every other school says congrats before anything else and they didnt lol

45 minutes ago, EscapingBrexit said:

Does anyone else find it weird that in a two page admission letter there are literally just two lines that hint at congratulations, and there's like no info about the school or the program itself? 

Does that come later?

My official letter was like that last year, too. I think it's because the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences sends out the same form letter to every program under their umbrella. I'm guessing you guys didn't get an informal email notification of decision this year? If they run things similarly to last year, within the next week or two, you'll probably get an invitation to a virtual info session for admitted students.

2 hours ago, GradProsMPP said:

I haven't heard back yet. Is that strange? ? 

Did you apply before or after the priority deadline? If after, they're likely still reviewing those apps.

20 minutes ago, PupCakes said:

My official letter was like that last year, too. I think it's because the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences sends out the same form letter to every program under their umbrella. I'm guessing you guys didn't get an informal email notification of decision this year? If they run things similarly to last year, within the next week or two, you'll probably get an invitation to a virtual info session for admitted students.

That makes sense! Yes, I don't think there were informal notices this year. 

@PupCakes how are you finding the program? :)

Edited by EscapingBrexit

30 minutes ago, PupCakes said:

Did you apply before or after the priority deadline? If after, they're likely still reviewing those apps.

Yes. And I've been in touch with Julie on a regular basis too.

Side note: Grad admissions emailed me last Thursday asking for proof of degree. Do you think they may be delayed because of that particular requirement?

12 minutes ago, GradProsMPP said:

Yes. And I've been in touch with Julie on a regular basis too.

Side note: Grad admissions emailed me last Thursday asking for proof of degree. Do you think they may be delayed because of that particular requirement?

If there was a hang up with a requirement that recently, it very well could be that. 

33 minutes ago, EscapingBrexit said:

That makes sense! Yes, I don't think there were informal notices this year. 

@PupCakes how are you finding the program? :)

Honestly, I love it. The cohort is amazing and even with these past two semesters being virtual, we've found ways to connect and bond. The faculty and staff are unparalleled. Tons of opportunities. I'm still just as excited to be a part of it as I was the day I got my decision letter.

12 minutes ago, PupCakes said:

Honestly, I love it. The cohort is amazing and even with these past two semesters being virtual, we've found ways to connect and bond. The faculty and staff are unparalleled. Tons of opportunities. I'm still just as excited to be a part of it as I was the day I got my decision letter.

That's so lovely and exciting to hear!

39 minutes ago, PupCakes said:

How is it for part time students. Is it more difficult to meet new people, network, and get the full experience? 

36 minutes ago, IA applicant said:

How is it for part time students. Is it more difficult to meet new people, network, and get the full experience? 

Honestly, I can't really speak to that. In sorry. MSFS doesn't have a part time component, though I know some of the other programs do. 

1 hour ago, GradProsMPP said:

Thanks, this makes me feel much, much better. At what point do you think I should reach out to them in case I do not hear from them? 

It couldn't hurt to reach out to touch base at some point this week since I'm sure they know word spreads when decisions are released.