Georgetown SFS - Fall 2021

niceswing

Did anyone here apply for the masters in history as well? We were supposed to hear back by mid feb but it’s been crickets for me lol I didn’t expect to get in but I expected to maybe get the rejection letter by now 

Just now, docwho512 said:

No mention of funding in my letter either......

Not sure if that means there was no funding given or if it comes later, my guess is that it's the former.

Ugh yes this does not bode well:Admitted Student Questions

How much estimated financial aid will I receive?

If you have been admitted to a program and the department has decided to offer you a fellowship, assistantship, or scholarship, the amount of your award will be included in your admission letter.

Just now, mildlyconfusedmar said:

Ugh yes this does not bode well:Admitted Student Questions

How much estimated financial aid will I receive?

If you have been admitted to a program and the department has decided to offer you a fellowship, assistantship, or scholarship, the amount of your award will be included in your admission letter.

Weird that no one on here has reported any aid today though

Hey everyone! For my own sanity I've been trying to not follow this page for the last two weeks; however, that has been a miserable failure haha. 

Figured I might as well add another data point for others: I was accepted to the MSFS program approximately 30 minutes ago, but I received no information about funding...

Just now, Ravine55 said:

Got in as well! Can't seem to find the link to the funding notice. Anyone else have this issue, or am I out of luck?

Hey, when you open your admission letter, scroll to the very bottom, there's a link under the signature 

4 minutes ago, MPAspire said:

Hey guys, funding details are on the portal as well, at the bottom of the page (there should be a separate link) :) 

International student, got into MSFS with a $20K scholarship!  

Can't see anything on my end either. Where exactly should it be? Also, congratulations!!

2 hours ago, Kole_Kolt said:

I have an SSP offer I might turn down.

I'm leaning towards SAIS MAIR right now, but the program might be too generalist for me since I am more interested in national security policy, which SSP specializes in. That said, SAIS also seems more prestigious, which counts for something.

Thanks for your response. Good luck with your decision!

33 minutes ago, Lily98 said:

Did anyone here apply for the masters in history as well? We were supposed to hear back by mid feb but it’s been crickets for me lol I didn’t expect to get in but I expected to maybe get the rejection letter by now 

Yeah so I got an emailed acceptance from MAGIC last week but nothing on the portal yet. My guess is if you have received nothing yet you’re probably waitlisted. When my wife got waitlisted for grad school they didn’t really tell her she just had to sweat it til they sent her an acceptance later. I think if you were rejected you’d hear by now. 

Just now, JRD2021 said:

Yeah so I got an emailed acceptance from MAGIC last week but nothing on the portal yet. My guess is if you have received nothing yet you’re probably waitlisted. When my wife got waitlisted for grad school they didn’t really tell her she just had to sweat it til they sent her an acceptance later. I think if you were rejected you’d hear by now. 

Makes sense, thanks for the reply!

13 minutes ago, PupCakes said:

Hi all, current MSFS student here. Just wanted to say congratulations to all the new admits! Looking forward to meeting all of you who decide to to come to hilltop!

Did you receive a scholarship? Can you confirm that it rolls over per year or do we need to contact financial aid? Thank you!

I am surprised we haven't seen more people on here with funding attached to their acceptance letter. GU MSFS website claims that they aim to award merit scholarships to 30-40% of the incoming class. I know we have a small sample here, but generally people following these pages exceed the school statistics.