Fall 2022 Psychology PhDs

tashaonthemoon

Hello!

Has anyone else who's planning to apply for a psychology PhD (Clinical, Counseling, School, etc) for the Fall 2022 cycle started narrowing down schools/programs/poi and the like yet? I have quite a long list of programs I'm interested in (mostly School Psychology, but 1 or 2 Clinical and Counseling Psych as well) that I'm hoping to narrow down to 7-8 programs by May/June.

I know it's still pretty early but I was wondering if anyone else has started the early stages of the process.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi there! I am also prepping to apply for the Fall 2022 cycle :) Best fit for my interests are Counseling Psychology PhD Programs, but also applying to some Clinical Psych, Psy.D Programs. I have 15 schools on my list at the moment but I'm sure that will dwindle as PIs begin to make decisions on accepting/ not accepting students for the coming cycle..! I've worked really hard to get here..first time applying, I feel like I'm going to throw up lol ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I'm helping run an application boot camp this summer that includes panels on each part of the application process and workgroups to solicit feedback from peers and current grad students on research goals, program and lab selection, and application materials. If you think this would be helpful, we'd love to have you! And best of luck to everyone applying this cycle - it's a rough process, so just remember that you are deserving no matter the outcome.

Image from iOS (1).png

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2021 at 9:58 AM, Kylar said:

Hi all!

I'm helping run an application boot camp this summer that includes panels on each part of the application process and workgroups to solicit feedback from peers and current grad students on research goals, program and lab selection, and application materials. If you think this would be helpful, we'd love to have you! And best of luck to everyone applying this cycle - it's a rough process, so just remember that you are deserving no matter the outcome.

Hi Kylar, is this still open? I know I missed the first session but would love to take advantage of the upcoming meetings. I signed up on the form but not sure if it's still live since the deadline was 6/28. Thanks!

On 7/2/2021 at 12:04 PM, yikespsych said:

Hi Kylar, is this still open? I know I missed the first session but would love to take advantage of the upcoming meetings. I signed up on the form but not sure if it's still live since the deadline was 6/28. Thanks!

Yes, it is! We'll be sending out the recording from the first session if you haven't already gotten it, and will be adding people from the form to our email list for invites and resources throughout the program. Excited to see you there :)