University of Toronto Master of Information 2021

arisosen

12 minutes ago, a_car said:

Congratulations!!! If you don't mind me asking, when did you finish submitting your application? And what was your CGPA/academic background? :)

I finished my application on Jan 27 I think, and my status is still "Documents Received (excl. official transcript)" - super nervous to hear back!

Hey there! I also submitted around the same time and my status is still "Documents Received (excl. official transcript)". For folks who are under review, how long did it take for your statuses to change?

33 minutes ago, coffeelon34 said:

Hey there! I also submitted around the same time and my status is still "Documents Received (excl. official transcript)". For folks who are under review, how long did it take for your statuses to change?

Hey! I submitted everything January 25, and my status changed to "under review" on February 5. 

4 hours ago, a_car said:

Congratulations!!! If you don't mind me asking, when did you finish submitting your application? And what was your CGPA/academic background? :)

I finished my application on Jan 27 I think, and my status is still "Documents Received (excl. official transcript)" - super nervous to hear back!

@a_car Sure, my application was complete with the recommendations by mid-end December I think, and I submitted it back in October. 
 On a scale of 10, My CGPA was ~9 overall, and ~9.7 in my last year. I have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science if that helps. 
 Hope for the best hah! I hope most of us get to meet there :) 

On 2/3/2021 at 7:14 PM, coffeelon34 said:

Hi everyone! I’m an MI applicant as well, applied around January 22nd. Curious to know if anyone who applied around that date also has “Documents Received (excl. official transcripts)” as their application status?

Hey! I submitted a day after you (January 23rd). My status is similar to yours, i.e., "Documents Received (excl. official transcripts)." Has yours changed since you last posted to "Under Review"? I think they are first going through the applications of international applicants, as they would have to apply for students visas, etc. possibly. I am a domestic applicant, so perhaps that's why it is still under "Documents Received" despite applying earlier than some international applicants, who have had their status changed to "Under Review," or have been accepted into the program. 

It mentions on their website that they have more international applicants than usual this year. I am guessing people abroad are taking advantage of courses being offered online due to COVID-19. My friend, for example, is living in Toronto but she's studying at a British university this year, haha. But, I think they have the same amount of domestic applicants. 

Good luck!

On 2/4/2021 at 12:45 PM, Xuanyu Fang said:

It's a reply to the email I sent to them, basically they just said there's many applicants so they haven't started on it yet. I know if you are do in a hurry of other decisions, there was previous successful experience in asking them to make a faster decision specially for you

Yes, there's a lot of international applicants this year. I am guessing it's because courses are being offered online due to COVID-19. Not sure how this will affect the application process.

Did you ask them to come at a faster decision for you?

23 hours ago, CrypticTorontoMan said:

@thenuminous, I don't see where it say they're experiencing higher volumes of international applicants on the website. Is it possible to link it for me? 

Hey! I found it here https://ischool.utoronto.ca/future-students/apply/graduate-admission-requirements-of-our-masters-programs/ under "Application & Deadlines", must have been updated quite recently. They said they've extended the deadline for international applicants to Feb 28 because of the higher volume.

Domestic and international applicants would be considered in two different pools, no? Just wanted to make sure as I don't know much about that.

4 hours ago, uoftstudent2021 said:

It's been exactly 3 weeks since I submitted my application on Jan.26 and my application status is still "documents received". For those of you who applied around the same time or after me, has your status changed? 

Nope! I finished my application around that time (I think Jan 29) and my status is still "documents received." Patiently and anxiously waiting for it to switch to Under Review! Hopefully it switches for us soon.

14 minutes ago, a_car said:

Nope! I finished my application around that time (I think Jan 29) and my status is still "documents received." Patiently and anxiously waiting for it to switch to Under Review! Hopefully it switches for us soon.

I applied Jan 31st and I am still at documents received too. Getting anxious as we are in the middle of feb.  

1 hour ago, bubblkg said:

Hi! Has anyone received offer yet? I submitted my documents on Jan.13th, and the status is still “Under Review”. 

Hi, May I ask when did your status change to "Under Review"? I submitted my documents a few days after you and it is still "Documents Received".

Edited by neshin

5 hours ago, neshin said:

Hi, May I ask when did your status change to "Under Review"? I submitted my documents a few days after you and it is still "Documents Received".

Hi, I believe the status changed only after 2 days. Maybe it is because I’m a uoft undergrad 

4 hours ago, bubblkg said:

Hi, I believe the status changed only after 2 days. Maybe it is because I’m a uoft undergrad 

I'm a UofT undergrad as well, but it took a little over a week for my status to change... 

And it only changed after I emailed them asking about it 

On 2/9/2021 at 5:43 AM, Xuanyu Fang said:

I submitted my application like early Jan, it's already a month now the status is still "Doc Received", is that normal? 

Hey, I am in the same boat.. Has it been changed to "Under Review" yet for you?

On 2/10/2021 at 3:04 AM, Evocativ said:

@a_car Sure, my application was complete with the recommendations by mid-end December I think, and I submitted it back in October. 
 On a scale of 10, My CGPA was ~9 overall, and ~9.7 in my last year. I have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science if that helps. 
 Hope for the best hah! I hope most of us get to meet there :) 

Those are some awesome grades! I am also applying from India, what uni did you graduate from?

On 2/2/2021 at 9:07 AM, Evocativ said:

Hey guys! So am I, still waiting. My application documents were complete in late December and it's been in review for about a month now. Still no reponse :( Thinking of mailing Andrea for updates as I have a couple of another offers.

Also, I think the applications are processed in a first-come first-serve manner, took few weeks for mine to go to 'In Review'.
Curious to know where you guys are applying from :)

I finished my application back in mid-dec and it's still shown as "doc received"... now i'm kinda nervous, wondering if i should mail Andrea for an update lol... I'm applying from Hong Kong:)