2021 Ford Foundation Fellowship

soupnazi

16 minutes ago, anxiousgrad said:

My "Review Result" tab has also disappeared ? 

25 minutes ago, Asmaa Elsayed said:

aaaannnnndd it is gone

...and now the "The review is not over" sentence is gone. "Review results will be available one to two weeks after reviews" remains. At least we know there's some activity, and that--maybe--the review is over???

I can't help but think that someone out there is tinkering with the link just to get a good laugh watching us react with panic to each minor change. I hope not, but academia is a bit of a sadistic game! I hope this doesn't mean we have to wait another week. I need to know something, either way, so i can just move on with my life.  I have a pint of ice cream on deck for solace or celebration. Works well both ways!

Just wanted to drop a line to say I'm also anxiously waiting to hear the results on this one. I haven't visited GradCafe since 2017 when I got into my program--I forgot how distressing it was to be waiting on an e-mail like this. Best of luck to you all!

The results link was also there for me this morning, but has since disappeared. I'm with @HeidiBobineon the sadistic mind game.

40 minutes ago, HeidiBobine said:

I can't help but think that someone out there is tinkering with the link just to get a good laugh watching us react with panic to each minor change. I hope not, but academia is a bit of a sadistic game! I hope this doesn't mean we have to wait another week. I need to know something, either way, so i can just move on with my life.  I have a pint of ice cream on deck for solace or celebration. Works well both ways!

I feel you...The toxic stress is sometimes unbearable. I hope they let us know tomorrow so I can move on with my life too. 

1 hour ago, Zelda said:

Just wanted to drop a line to say I'm also anxiously waiting to hear the results on this one. I haven't visited GradCafe since 2017 when I got into my program--I forgot how distressing it was to be waiting on an e-mail like this. Best of luck to you all!

The results link was also there for me this morning, but has since disappeared. I'm with @HeidiBobineon the sadistic mind game.

Ditto! Back on GradCafe because this whole finding funding thing is so stressful. Good luck to everyone!

2 hours ago, clinical09878 said:

Oh good the results tab shows for me now! So if they are available 1-2 weeks after their meeting, we shouldn't hear back later than Tuesday or Wednesday of next week (hopefully!)

Earlier this week, it said the review was not yet complete. (I think because people flooded them with emails the first time the tab appeared.)

I think the only semi-sure thing is that word will come before April, given their previously stated window. More than that, it’s just a guessing game. 

21 minutes ago, libranerd said:

So sorry to hear this. If I remember correctly, you also applied to other fellowships so I hope one of those turns out! No news on this side but I applied pre-doc that could be why.

Thank you! Yes, you're correct that I applied for the dissertation fellowship, not the pre-doc. Good luck! I hope y'all hear back soon.

3 minutes ago, TheoPhil said:

I received an email to check my application this morning. I'm very surprised that I am an awardee! Anxiousgrad, I hope you get good news from the other fellowships. 

Congrats!!!! That is amazing! Are you predissertation or dissertation?