2021 Ford Foundation Fellowship

soupnazi

Received an Honorable Mention for my dissertation fellowship application in English. Mostly positive feedback, but, alas, not positive enough. Congrats to the awardees. For the rest of us, suerte/best of luck with everything else! :)

Edited by Zelda

Fellowship: dissertation 
Uni: The New School 

field: interdisciplinary public policy 

topic keywords: poverty, gender, Mexico

Received email at 9:11 with results. Not awarded. Positive feedback but no dice. Congrats to everyone who won and got HM!!! 

pre-doctoral fellowship, rejected:(

Got comments from one reviewer, super positive. Two reviewers overall seems to be positive, the other seemed quite harsh. wish I had gotten more comments so I know how to improve!

congrats to the awardees / HM!

Edited by jlc816

Still nothing over here. Why they haven't figured out how to mass email everyone at the same time, I haven't a clue. Reminds me of the grad school app process haha. ?‍♀️

Serious congrats to everyone on this thread, though. Just doing the application (and waiting for the results) is a lot of work and stressful, and I think you all sound like you're doing amazing things.

Edited by lkaitlyn

Pre-doc, got my results, and am now in limbo. My "name has been placed on a list of alternates whose applications will be considered for an award in the event that an awardee declines a fellowship offer." 
Does anyone have any idea about how many applicants get "waitlisted" ? 

To people who are alternates (congrats!): We think NSF is going to announce tomorrow based on the maintenance schedule for the website, so that will probably get some people to turn down Ford in the next couple weeks just due to the $ difference. Not sure how many actually do turn it down, but I'd imagine that the turnover is greater in hard sciences than social sciences/humanities just given the dearth of social sciences/humanities fellowships out there.

26 minutes ago, mcontreras said:

Pre-doc, got my results, and am now in limbo. My "name has been placed on a list of alternates whose applications will be considered for an award in the event that an awardee declines a fellowship offer." 
Does anyone have any idea about how many applicants get "waitlisted" ? 

#alternatessolidarity : ) 

Congratulations to all those who received the award! I did not. My application was evaluated by 5 reviewers, but alas I was not among the chosen few. Interestingly, two reviewers seemed to be obsessed with me while the others had lukewarm feelings. So, I suppose I'll have to work on winning them over for next year! 

19 minutes ago, soupnazi said:

Congratulations to all those who received the award! I did not. My application was evaluated by 5 reviewers, but alas I was not among the chosen few. Interestingly, two reviewers seemed to be obsessed with me while the others had lukewarm feelings. So, I suppose I'll have to work on winning them over for next year! 

Such a great attitude; I'm going to keep that in mind whenever I get my notification.

Received an affirmative for the Predoctoral Fellowship! This is my second time applying, and I was able to use the feedback from last year to make a much stronger application. For reference, I'm in the applied mathematics field.

Good luck to the folks waiting on sociology results!