2022 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neur0naut

sooo UCLA already had their interviews?? they haven't told me if I'm outright rejected yet. in fact they haven't told me ANYTHING. is this common for UCLA? should I hold out hope or start just getting over it? honestly I'm just a little pissed that so many schools will ghost applicants. have the audacity to reject me to my face 

5 hours ago, queengizzard said:

sooo UCLA already had their interviews?? they haven't told me if I'm outright rejected yet. in fact they haven't told me ANYTHING. is this common for UCLA? should I hold out hope or start just getting over it? honestly I'm just a little pissed that so many schools will ghost applicants. have the audacity to reject me to my face 

when a student is rejected, schools will usually send out an email around March (sometimes soon, it depends on how the school reviews applications) If you haven't received an interview, you're either rejected or on the waitlist. Email the school.THey'll usually let you know within 1-2 business days. :)

33 minutes ago, amb347 said:

when a student is rejected, schools will usually send out an email around March (sometimes soon, it depends on how the school reviews applications) If you haven't received an interview, you're either rejected or on the waitlist. Email the school.THey'll usually let you know within 1-2 business days. :)

thank u sm but I emailed their admissions department and they just told me to defer to their website to view the admissions timeline...which said that interview offers would be sent out by january. holding out hope for waitlist over rejection then :))

17 hours ago, docmarten said:

hey, didn't interview with columbia for the first weekend but they do have another set of interviews this weekend so maybe they're waiting until after that? 

You are right. In fact, after posting the question I received an email from Ken saying that they are waiting until they have seen all the candidates. Good luck with your interview!

17 hours ago, queengizzard said:

thank u sm but I emailed their admissions department and they just told me to defer to their website to view the admissions timeline...which said that interview offers would be sent out by january. holding out hope for waitlist over rejection then :))

That response is a bit rude of them... I emailed 2 schools and they answered right away. I know it's common for students to email. Maybe they have a lot of applications this year. Best of luck!!

On 1/27/2022 at 2:55 PM, cyaline said:

I just got my first (and probably only) interview for McGill's rotation Neuro program (it was my top choice so im freaking out with excitement). Anyone have any interview tips? In the email it says "It will be a casual interview format with several standard questions and a chance for you to also question us about the program." What would you say are typically considered "standard questions" ? 

Did they tell you when they will notify you of their decision?  Are you an international applicant or a Canadian applicant?

On 2/11/2022 at 1:28 PM, jrj said:

New to the page, but thought I would share my results so far.

Rejected from Vanderbilt, Yale, NYU, Columbia, Northwestern.

Waiting to hear from Georgetown. 

Good luck for Georgetown!!

Were you rejected from NYU after an interview? I haven't heard anything back from NYU at all since the application deadline and am wondering if it's a silent rejection or waitlist. Thanks.

1 hour ago, San D said:

Good luck for Georgetown!!

Were you rejected from NYU after an interview? I haven't heard anything back from NYU at all since the application deadline and am wondering if it's a silent rejection or waitlist. Thanks.

I also haven't heard a thing from NYU even though others got rejections! So confused