2022 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neur0naut

The NYU interview I got was sent by my POI, so I assume there might be some delays. But historically it seems like interviews are sent within a day? So I would assume every interview would be sent within today.

Edited by NeuroTT
~~

3 hours ago, kjbio2022 said:

I applied to UCSD: BMS, UCSD: Neuro, UNC: BBSP, Duke: CMM/developmental, U Wash: MCB, U Wash Neuro.

UCSD: BMS) I received an interview --> one of my co-applicants messaged their director and he was told all interview invites have been sent out

UCSD: Neuro) I spoke to one of the members of the review committee and was told they're still deciding

U Wash: based on this forum, it seems invites have been sent so I did not receive an interview

UNC: BBSP) dunno yet 

Duke: CMM) dunno yet

If you know anything about UNC: BBSP or Duke: CMM please let me know! Good luck all!

Thanks for the insight! For UCSD Neuro, was this after they had sent out the few invites on 12/20? Hopefully that is just the first wave fo them. Thanks! 

21 minutes ago, hypothalamus said:

Has anyone heard from Boston University GPN? And does anyone know if UMass-Amherst sends interview invites on more than one date?

I searched the platform for any updates for BU GPN and nothing so far. Last year they were the latest program so we’ll see.

12 hours ago, swallowtaile said:

Mine also still says ‘Submitted’!

For the ‘Upload Materials’ section, do they display whether you have uploaded your Research Statement? Mine only says they have my Statement of Purpose and Transcript/CV ?

Mine just has just those two as well! I am really worried now because the research statement is also not in my 'Application Proof'. 

35 minutes ago, EPM said:

Thanks for the insight! For UCSD Neuro, was this after they had sent out the few invites on 12/20? Hopefully that is just the first wave fo them. Thanks! 

Hi, this was today. Hopefully they're still working through it and those of us who haven't gotten invites yet!

21 minutes ago, electrophys said:

In your portal, are you able to see your research statement in the 'Application Proof' or 'Uploaded Materials'? Thanks! 

Thanks for checking electrophys!!

My guess is that we should be fine, since I’m absolutely sure I uploaded and double checked before submitting. So if they didn’t get it, then it would really just have to be a system error ?

But if anyone who got a UCSD offer doesn’t mind checking, that would really help! Thank you ^^

Edited by swallowtaile

5 hours ago, kjbio2022 said:

I applied to UCSD: BMS, UCSD: Neuro, UNC: BBSP, Duke: CMM/developmental, U Wash: MCB, U Wash Neuro.

UCSD: BMS) I received an interview --> one of my co-applicants messaged their director and he was told all interview invites have been sent out

UCSD: Neuro) I spoke to one of the members of the review committee and was told they're still deciding

U Wash: based on this forum, it seems invites have been sent so I did not receive an interview

UNC: BBSP) dunno yet 

Duke: CMM) dunno yet

If you know anything about UNC: BBSP or Duke: CMM please let me know! Good luck all!

I got an invite from UNC BBSP in early December. The deadline for interview acceptance was Dec 11 so I'm guessing they're done sending out invitations by now. Sorry for the bad news :( 

42 minutes ago, swallowtaile said:

My guess is that we should be fine, since I’m absolutely sure I uploaded and double checked before submitting. So if they didn’t get it, then it would really just have to be a system error ?

But if anyone who got a UCSD offer doesn’t mind checking, that would really help! Thank you ^^

If it ends up being a system error and no one was able to evaluate your application I'm pretty sure that would be grounds to get a reimbursement of your fee.

4 hours ago, swallowtaile said:

I got an offer and have the same exact setup/info in my portal and proof (no research statement shown), so I wouldn't be worried they didn't get your research statement. Regardless though, it wouldn't hurt to ask about it!