2022 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neur0naut

Yeah it’s weird that there was only one Weil Cornel, Neuroscience invite? I haven’t heard from any of my institutions too. Got a rejection from SUNY Binghamton, although it was my safety School. Applied to Columbia, Cornell, Weil Cornell, Mt Sinai, Rockefeller, UMass Chan(no reply too ??), Lewis Katz, Albert Einstein.  

I feel like PiN has already finished sending out interviews ? From what I saw it normally only takes a day... But interview being in first week of Jan (Saw somewhere here) make me wonder if there is a second round????

For Harvard PiN, I dont think there is second round of interview. Also, the interview is third week of Jan.

Since the invitation email required us to reply back by Monday, I think all the invitation has been sent. 

Edited by siguy

I hope everyone isn't too bummed about PiN being done with invites and not having one! A few years ago I was going through the exact thing as it was my #1 choice and the admissions director even said "I'd love to have someone like you in my lab"; the end of that day without an email from PiN was probably my lowest point in research. I had also been rejected from all of my other top choices at that point too.

However, I ended up at a great (but not top) school and have been extremely productive with a first-author in a decent journal (think Cell Reports), two second-authorships in small journals (think PLOS Bio), and several other first-authorships in the works and I'm only two years in! I've done a lot more publishing than any of the dozen friends or so I have in PiN or other schools of similar caliber (not to say PiN isn't an absolutely phenomenal program!). I say this not to brag but just to hopefully communicate that it's not about where you land but instead about "blooming where you're planted". Postdoc is really when being part of a big name lab matters anyhow ?.

On 12/17/2021 at 7:57 PM, green_228 said:

Neurobiology at UChicao?

I currently work at UChicago - Both neuro programs at UChicago have their lists solidified for interviews and should be sending out invites this week. Good luck!

47 minutes ago, efitz said:

I currently work at UChicago - Both neuro programs at UChicago have their lists solidified for interviews and should be sending out invites this week. Good luck!

Do you know whether there are more or fewer applicants this year compared to last year?  

42 minutes ago, medlrf said:

Do you know whether there are more or fewer applicants this year compared to last year?  

Actually, yeah. For both programs, they're anticipating accepting 1/2 the amount of students as normal because more people joined the cohort last year than average

Hi! I just emailed Weil Cornell enquiring PhD interview for the Neuroscience program..

“Interview invitations are generally finalized in January and all applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application, whether selected for an interview or not. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,

Leora

Leora Yasgur

Administrative Coordinator

She/her”

6 hours ago, siguy said:

Does anyone know if yale is done sending invitation? 

Yale has individual faculty members call applicants to notify about interviews. This means interview invites are sent out sporadically, but faculty are encouraged to let applicants know in a timely matter so the rest are likely soon to come!