2022 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neur0naut

On 12/14/2021 at 3:53 PM, GibonFrog said:

Anyone else apply to one of these schools? I have yet to get a single interview invite. 

1) Univ of Oregon

2) CMU

3) CNUP

4) NUIN

5) UCSB

6) NYU

7) Brandeis

8 ) Umass Amherst

9) Brown

10) Dartmouth

11) Princeton

12) Uof Rocherster

13) USC

14) Emory 

I'm applying to NUIN, Emory, and CNUP too! I didn't do my CNUP application correctly though, so my application for that school will most  likely be rejected :( Best of luck!! What topic are you interested in? I applied to these programs for their AD research

3 hours ago, amb347 said:

I'm applying to NUIN, Emory, and CNUP too! I didn't do my CNUP application correctly though, so my application for that school will most  likely be rejected :( Best of luck!! What topic are you interested in? I applied to these programs for their AD research

If this makes you feel any better, I applied to CNUP last, and it is by far my worst application. I really doubt I will get in. I am applying for systems/comp neuro. 

According to the results page, Emory has sent interview invitations for the neuroscience program from the 16th-18th of December every year for the past 5ish years. Wishing those of us who applied there luck today!!!! It looks like most people were notified via phone call, so keep your phones on ring!!

Edited by restingmicroglia

25 minutes ago, abineuro said:

Does anyone know if Harvard sends out generic emails all in one batch for interview invites? Or if they send them throughout the day?

I have a sense that the email is being sent throughout the day. I just received an invitation, which is a few hours later than the initial post on gradcafe. 

6 hours ago, abineuro said:

I saw that someone received an interview invite from UPenn yesterday on the other forum. Has anyone else heard anything from them? 

oh hey that was me. they called me but i didn't answer cuz i thought it was spam lmao and my voicemail greeting is super non-professional oops. but then they went me an email lol. 

1 hour ago, siguy said:

I have a sense that the email is being sent throughout the day. I just received an invitation, which is a few hours later than the initial post on gradcafe. 

Gotcha, thank you! CONGRATS! That is incredible. Would you mind sharing your stats?

Hello

I am an international applicant and I applied to the following PhD programs in neuroscience:

Harvard; Boston; MIT; UPenn; WUSTL; UCLA; UCSF; UCSD; Stanford; University of Washington; Yale. 

I still did not receive emails from any, but it seems both Harvard and WUSTL started to send invitations today.

Edited by SalamNeuro

27 minutes ago, winstonian3 said:

oh hey that was me. they called me but i didn't answer cuz i thought it was spam lmao and my voicemail greeting is super non-professional oops. but then they went me an email lol. 

Ah congrats! That's fantastic! What time did they call/email you?