CGS-M 2021-2022 Results

onmyway

I got an offer for Carleton.

For reference I was put on the waitlist for OGS and thought I likely had no chance for SSHRC. But reflecting now, I didn't get OGS  because it's primarily based on the highest grades. While SSHRC seems a little more holistic. 

I'm extremely happy, definitely makes not being able to sleep all night worth it. Good luck to everyone!

Just now, lisafara said:

Me too :(

I know in previous years people have emailed the respective University to find out their ranking. I'm not entirely sure who to email ... graduate studies? 

12 minutes ago, thecatcherintheray said:

My application was submitted on time and hasn't changed status from "received by administrator". Anyone else have this issue?

One of my 3 schools is still like this, I'm not sure what that means.

14 minutes ago, curiousascarl said:

For reference I was put on the waitlist for OGS and thought I likely had no chance for SSHRC. But reflecting now, I didn't get OGS  because it's primarily based on the highest grades. While SSHRC seems a little more holistic. 

I'm extremely happy, definitely makes not being able to sleep all night worth it. Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations , what is for you, found you !  (I also couldn’t sleep last night haha but it feels so worth it today I also got offered at Dalhousie)

9 minutes ago, sharingxn said:

awesome! congrats - what university did you get nserc at?

Thank you! It was McMaster. Also for anyone else who applied to Waterloo - I received an email saying that my status will remain as "Received by Administrator” until the competition is over, or we are able to make a scholarship offer. So it seems that some schools are using "Received by Administrator” as another way of saying Alternate.

Edited by onmyway

2 hours ago, curiousascarl said:

Congrats on getting an offer at Carleton! I am on the wait list for Carleton and was wondering, do you know how many awards are allocated at Carleton? I saw somewhere that each school has a number and was curious if anyone knows. Can't seem to find the information. 

20 minutes ago, signului said:

Congrats on getting an offer at Carleton! I am on the wait list for Carleton and was wondering, do you know how many awards are allocated at Carleton? I saw somewhere that each school has a number and was curious if anyone knows. Can't seem to find the information. 

Thank you! Fingers crossed you get off the waitlist. What program did you apply for/are you in?

Carleton has 38 awards to give for SSHRC. You can find the information here: https://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/students-etudiants/cgsallocations-quotasbesc_eng.asp

34 minutes ago, curiousascarl said:

Thank you! Fingers crossed you get off the waitlist. What program did you apply for/are you in?

Carleton has 38 awards to give for SSHRC. You can find the information here: https://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/students-etudiants/cgsallocations-quotasbesc_eng.asp

I got accepted into the Political Economy program, a small program of around 11-15 students. Carleton is a pretty small and competitive school so I am grateful to at least have been considered. 

Alternates don't give up hope! You can contact your department and find out what your rank is. I was 9th at UVic years ago and I got it after the first 3 week decision period, and I'm not sure what my UBC rank was but I also got it there too after 3 weeks. Two alternates became two offers, so you never know.