CGS-M 2021-2022 Results

onmyway

11 hours ago, signului said:

Hey everyone, I was offered SSHRC at York just today after being an alternate. Good news is I can put this on my CV, bad news is I am going to Carleton ?. So it's bitter sweet, but I had completely given up and was suprised. Good luck to everyone else!

Congratulations and best wishes at Carleton!  However, does this mean that you rejected it?  I'm a SSHRC CGM alternate at York hence asking.  It's such a nail-biting process. Best wishes!

1 hour ago, CAVALE said:

Congratulations and best wishes at Carleton!  However, does this mean that you rejected it?  I'm a SSHRC CGM alternate at York hence asking.  It's such a nail-biting process. Best wishes!

Yes I will be rejecting the York! Hopefully that means you get it or are closer to getting it !!

So I got some sad news for anyone else waiting for a response from Carleton. Apparently all of the rewards have been accepted so it does not look like anyone waitlisted will be able to get it. Good luck to everyone else waiting! I hope you all have a good time starting your degrees ?.

5 hours ago, signului said:

So I got some sad news for anyone else waiting for a response from Carleton. Apparently all of the rewards have been accepted so it does not look like anyone waitlisted will be able to get it. Good luck to everyone else waiting! I hope you all have a good time starting your degrees ?.

? How did you find this out??

To my UBC peers: I found out through the grad awards office that (as of monday) there were 7 CGSMs still pending, and today I received an offer for SSHRC. So there is still hope for those on the alt list!

1 hour ago, jbtws said:

To my UBC peers: I found out through the grad awards office that (as of monday) there were 7 CGSMs still pending, and today I received an offer for SSHRC. So there is still hope for those on the alt list!

Did you find out by calling or by email?

4 hours ago, sharingxn said:

Did you find out by calling or by email?

I emailed the graduate awards clerk for my faculty. They didn’t give me any info regarding where I was on the alt list though, just the number of CGSMs left pending. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, sharingxn said:

No updates on my end... I know UofT (at least in my department) releases OGS results in July 

Amazing!  I wonder how that impacts OSAP since one applies in June typically, right? I'm at York and have heard that they typically release OGS results in late May.  Fingers crossed for all of us!

14 hours ago, CAVALE said:

Amazing!  I wonder how that impacts OSAP since one applies in June typically, right? I'm at York and have heard that they typically release OGS results in late May.  Fingers crossed for all of us!

that sounds reasonable. i wish my university would inform us of OGS before the OSAP deadline to apply instead of keeping us on our toes... 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, no SSHRC for me so far. Seems like it may be the same for others. 
I e-mailed my graduate funding dept. at McGill and they told me that the alternate list remains "ongoing". They also said that, since I graduate in October, if I clear the alternate list but have my program completed, I just don't get an offer (even if I have submitted the same project and clear the list after graduating). Here's hoping! ?