CGS-M 2021-2022 Results

onmyway

3 hours ago, missanthropocene said:

it is so nervewracking waiting for results - I can't seem to think about anything else. Any suggestions for getting through the next 72 hours?

I know, me too! Fortunately I'm super busy with assignments this week so I don't need to think about it too much. Focusing on schoolwork or something else works well to distract me. Where are you applying to?

28 minutes ago, onmyway said:

I know, me too! Fortunately I'm super busy with assignments this week so I don't need to think about it too much. Focusing on schoolwork or something else works well to distract me. Where are you applying to?

Yeah totally - I suppose it is a supercharged time to practice mindfulness and equanimity, with whatever outcome is meant for me. I'm applying to Dalhousie - for SSHRC - how about you?

20 minutes ago, missanthropocene said:

Yeah totally - I suppose it is a supercharged time to practice mindfulness and equanimity, with whatever outcome is meant for me. I'm applying to Dalhousie - for SSHRC - how about you?

No way, I'm at Dal right now! Are you also a Dal student? I'm applying for NSERC at UBC, Waterloo and McMaster.

Edited by onmyway

15 minutes ago, onmyway said:

No way, I'm at Dal right now! Are you also a Dal student? I'm applying for NSERC at UBC, Waterloo and McMaster.

haha yes I am a current Dal student - I'm already in my program, so I only have one chance! Sending lucky vibes your way , what is your top choice?

11 minutes ago, missanthropocene said:

haha yes I am a current Dal student - I'm already in my program, so I only have one chance! Sending lucky vibes your way , what is your top choice?

Not sure tbh! All of my choices are great, and I like the research at all the schools, but the potential projects will be very different depending on where I go. I'm kind of agonizing over making a decision so I'm hoping I can used CGS-M to help me decide haha! Best of luck to you as well!

10 hours ago, missanthropocene said:

it is so nervewracking waiting for results - I can't seem to think about anything else. Any suggestions for getting through the next 72 hours?

I feel this. I have 3 essays due in the next two weeks and these results feel like a big hurdle in my mind. I'm a current student at Carleton and only have about a year left so this is my one shot for this funding (I didn't know about it in my last year of undergrad). 

Edited by curiousascarl

10 hours ago, curiousascarl said:

I feel this. I have 3 essays due in the next two weeks and these results feel like a big hurdle in my mind. I'm a current student at Carleton and only have about a year left so this is my one shot for this funding (I didn't know about it in my last year of undergrad). 

I've literally never wanted a time machine more. But we have already been waiting five months - 48 hours should be easy, right? I feel that pressure too, it is also my one chance of funding, I'm already in program at Dalhousie.

My mantra right now is "What is for you, will find you" << haha but its not helping that much tbh. 

19 hours ago, ReesePeanutButterCup said:

Did anyone else here apply for the CIHR stream? It seems all the past discussion on TheGradCafe has been NSERC and SSHRC

yep. Gonna have my ass kicked but fingers crossed anyway. I already know I didn't get McGill, so hoping for UofT and Queens.

24 minutes ago, higaisha said:

yep. Gonna have my ass kicked but fingers crossed anyway. I already know I didn't get McGill, so hoping for UofT and Queens.

How do you know your McGill decision before Apr1? Good luck on UofT and Queens. I'm apply to UAlberta, which seems to be like Queens in that it has a criminally low CIHR allocation despite have a medical school...

On 3/30/2021 at 11:52 AM, ReesePeanutButterCup said:

How do you know your McGill decision before Apr1? Good luck on UofT and Queens. I'm apply to UAlberta, which seems to be like Queens in that it has a criminally low CIHR allocation despite have a medical school...

They let me know my application wasn't discussed.

"The Departmental evaluation of CGSM applications has been completed. The number and quality of applications we received was extremely high, making the work of the selection committees very difficult. I regret to inform you that your application is not among those that were forwarded to the McGill Fellowships Office for further consideration."

On 3/30/2021 at 9:52 AM, calmwhale said:

I've literally never wanted a time machine more. But we have already been waiting five months - 48 hours should be easy, right? I feel that pressure too, it is also my one chance of funding, I'm already in program at Dalhousie.

My mantra right now is "What is for you, will find you" << haha but its not helping that much tbh. 

Also thank you for this. I literally wrote that quote on a sticky note and placed it above my computer and its eased the stress.