CGS-M 2021-2022 Results

onmyway

1 minute ago, Siosaur said:

Alternates don't give up hope! You can contact your department and find out what your rank is. I was 9th at UVic years ago and I got it after the first 3 week decision period, and I'm not sure what my UBC rank was but I also got it there too after 3 weeks. Two alternates became two offers, so you never know.

Ooo okay!! So I should reach out to my department unit? I'm trying to hold onto hope haha

11 minutes ago, Siosaur said:

Alternates don't give up hope! You can contact your department and find out what your rank is. I was 9th at UVic years ago and I got it after the first 3 week decision period, and I'm not sure what my UBC rank was but I also got it there too after 3 weeks. Two alternates became two offers, so you never know.

Thanks! Keeping my hopes up but not expecting much. I'm just tired of bureaucracy. Unfortunately im an alternate at McGill and they place lots of people on waitlist. But they also have more allocations to hand out, so hopefully I get a status change sooner rather than later. It's tough when you know your application was well worth the official offer, but what can you do. It's all politics and quotas at the end of the day.

10 minutes ago, lisafara said:

Thanks! Keeping my hopes up but not expecting much. I'm just tired of bureaucracy. Unfortunately im an alternate at McGill and they place lots of people on waitlist. But they also have more allocations to hand out, so hopefully I get a status change sooner rather than later. It's tough when you know your application was well worth the official offer, but what can you do. It's all politics and quotas at the end of the day.

Do you know how many people or the % of applicants McGill puts on the waitlist? Also waitlisted and not feeling too hopeful ?

Just now, fundingpls said:

Do you know how many people or the % of applicants McGill puts on the waitlist? Also waitlisted and not feeling too hopeful ?

Honestly I have no idea. But once you're waitlisted you aren’t in competition with your department anymore. You take spots that others have declined as a part of your faculty. So I presume I’m up against the humanities as it’s sshrc- and then it just depends on your rank. Honestly it’s looking pretty hopeful. I’ve found lots of comments online about folks getting their alternate turned to offered in previous years. 

2 hours ago, sharingxn said:

Ooo okay!! So I should reach out to my department unit? I'm trying to hold onto hope haha

I reached out to mine and they said they could not provide information regarding the rank ?  would've helped knowing what my chances were ... 

Hello all.  I'm new to the Canada grant system.  Can anyone help unpack some of the terminology and expectations from here? I received a notice that I'm alternate for SSHRC-Masters but don't know what to read into this.  I also applied for the Ontario tri-council grant (OGS?) but can not remember if it is a different research portal and am unclear on the OGS status, such as if it's been released yet and where the results are released, if it is not connected to SSHRC.  My questions are, when does one typically learn if they move off the waitlist and/or OGS? Also, if one is not funded, but wants to attend, what is the next step?  Is it contacting the bursar, the university scholarship and grant coordinator, or the grad school?  I've already reached out to my department administrative assistant for direction and clarity and am waiting for their response.  Best wishes to everyone and thank you.  

53 minutes ago, dorzsec said:

I reached out to mine and they said they could not provide information regarding the rank ?  would've helped knowing what my chances were ... 

I swear. i wish i knew. I don't want to complain though.. it is a privilege and honour that we have even gotten this far I guess!

Edited by sharingxn
mistake

Congrats for those of you with offers!! For some reason my application still says "Received by administrator"... does that mean my application wasn't even processed? Will I get a declined/offer status change eventually or does this just another way of being declined?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Dannigart said:

Congrats for those of you with offers!! For some reason my application still says "Received by administrator"... does that mean my application wasn't even processed? Will I get a declined/offer status change eventually or does this just another way of being declined?

Thanks!

One of my three schools also says "received by administrator" but I got an email from them later saying that this means alternate basically. So it seems some schools are using it to mean waitlisted, but I'm not sure if that's true in your case.

Edited by onmyway

5 minutes ago, lisafara said:

If it makes anyone on "alternate" feel better, I was just told by a friend that she knows someone who had "alternate" this morning, but got "offered" five minutes ago :)

Do you know which school this was out of curiosity?

14 minutes ago, lisafara said:

If it makes anyone on "alternate" feel better, I was just told by a friend that she knows someone who had "alternate" this morning, but got "offered" five minutes ago :)

Wow! How exciting. This does make me feel slightly hopeful, but tbh UofT probably gives a lot of alternates and I wish I knew my rank...

Just now, sharingxn said:

Wow! How exciting. This does make me feel slightly hopeful, but tbh UofT probably gives a lot of alternates and I wish I knew my rank...

I totally feel you!! Waitlisted at McGill. Same boat. All we can do is believe!!

2 hours ago, sharingxn said:

I swear. i wish i knew. I don't want to complain though.. it is a privilege and honour that we have even gotten this far I guess!

You're totally right! It is definitely a privilege even being able to apply. Good luck :)

1 hour ago, lisafara said:

Did she receive an email? Or did it just update without notification. Happy for her! 

19 minutes ago, dorzsec said:

Did she receive an email? Or did it just update without notification. Happy for her! 

Not sure, but it seems you should get an e-mail. I received an e-mail from McGill stating that an e-mail should be sent, but applicants should check their portal daily and check their spam folders

4 hours ago, sccp2021 said:

Anyone from U of Alberta received results yet? My application status is still listed as "in progress" 

I received an offer and declined it (I already declined the schools offer). Now if someone could decline UVic for me...I am an alternate there!