CGS-M 2021-2022 Results

onmyway

Hi everyone! I just received a CGS-M CIHR offer this afternoon at U of T, after being placed on the Alternate list on April 1st. I honestly accepted that I probably had no chance of getting off the list, and was not expecting this at all. To other alternates, don't give up hope! There is always still a chance :) Good luck everyone 

9 minutes ago, dorzsec said:

Hi everyone! I just received a CGS-M CIHR offer this afternoon at U of T, after being placed on the Alternate list on April 1st. I honestly accepted that I probably had no chance of getting off the list, and was not expecting this at all. To other alternates, don't give up hope! There is always still a chance :) Good luck everyone 

Congrats!!! So exciting :)

I'm on the waitlist for NSERC at UofT (it seems like they update automatically based on what you're saying!) and I have yet to hear anything. Fingers crossed

1 minute ago, sharingxn said:

Congrats!!! So exciting :)

I'm on the waitlist for NSERC at UofT (it seems like they update automatically based on what you're saying!) and I have yet to hear anything. Fingers crossed

Good luck! I hope you hear some good news soon :)

3 hours ago, Waiting123456 said:

I keep checking the portal even though the chances and tiny ?

Me too!  Would the system alert us through email first though?  Also, any word on when the Ontario council scholarships are getting released for those of us on the SSHRC alternate list? Best of luck!

21 hours ago, CAVALE said:

Me too!  Would the system alert us through email first though?  Also, any word on when the Ontario council scholarships are getting released for those of us on the SSHRC alternate list? Best of luck!

We should receive emails if we get moved off the alternate list but it says on the website it is on us to check the portal incase the email went to spam or something (I check the portal at least once a day lol ...desperation) 

3 minutes ago, EduSnow said:

We should receive emails if we get moved off the alternate list but it says on the website it is on us to check the portal incase the email went to spam or something (I check the portal at least once a day lol ...desperation) 

Tomorrow is the day that some universities will send offers to alternates! Here's hoping, and I also check my portal every day. Lol admittedly I check it sometimes twice per day 

19 minutes ago, MoJam said:

Has there been much news/movement today? 

Nothing yet, but I suppose movement is subject to where we are at on the list and what each university's deadline is to inform alternates (I'm assuming there is a secretary or someone in charged of manually informing applicants + updating the portal). Maybe we may even hear something tomorrow? Monday? I rather today lmao esp. since the deadline was midnight this morning for the first round of folks to accept/reject offers 

4 minutes ago, lisafara said:

Nothing yet, but I suppose movement is subject to where we are at on the list and what each university's deadline is to inform alternates (I'm assuming there is a secretary or someone in charged of manually informing applicants + updating the portal). Maybe we may even hear something tomorrow? Monday? I rather today lmao esp. since the deadline was midnight this morning for the first round of folks to accept/reject offers 

Yeah loll much rather today too. There doesn't seem to be much activity on this thread at all today, which may suggest the lists haven't been updated yet. So, let's keep our fingers crossed!

6 minutes ago, lisafara said:

I suppose SSHRC/NSERC/CIHR has not updated yet considering all of us are silent lol! Here's hoping we hear something next week, if not then the waiting game continues. ?

yeah... no movement on my end either. Honestly I don't want to be a downer but I think I'm just going to come to terms with the fact that I'm probably so low on the list lol ? 

Good luck!!!