PhD / DrPh Fall 2022

1 hour ago, Photo Light said:

Yes I applied to UToronto - Epi

13 minutes ago, Photo Light said:

Not yet, you? International (US) and you? Did you also apply to Toronto and if so, what concentration?

No nothing yet, I also applied for the epi stream. I’m a domestic applicant 

Hi everyone! I have been lurking for a while, but haven't posted yet. I was wondering if it is normal to have more than one professor interview you for a PhD program? I had an interview with a PI for the Harvard Population Health PhD program this week, but had another PI reach out to me to interview with them next week. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks and good luck everyone! ?

24 minutes ago, EpiHopeful22 said:

Hi everyone! I have been lurking for a while, but haven't posted yet. I was wondering if it is normal to have more than one professor interview you for a PhD program? I had an interview with a PI for the Harvard Population Health PhD program this week, but had another PI reach out to me to interview with them next week. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks and good luck everyone! ?

Wow congratulations!! I would say the more interested supervisors the merrier!?
May I ask which track you applied to and PIs that contacted if you'd be okay with sharing?

Edited by Ehphd

2 hours ago, EpiHopeful22 said:

From my understanding, the way harvard epi phs works is that subcommittees meet first (so, the specialization/tracks) and then they have PIs reach out to people to gauge you research interests/fit, and then the whole committee meets to discuss further and decide on who/best fit later on. So, if your application is sort of at the intersection of more than one specialization in epi, it might just be two different specializations/subcommittees trying to see which faculty in their area you might fit best with

1 hour ago, smellycat said:

If we haven't heard from Harvard or JHU re: interviews for the epi tracks, should we be worried? 

I am in the same boat! Wondering if I should lose hope about JHU yet lol. Based on last year's results, it looks like a bunch of JHU interviews were sent out around Jan 20-21 2021, so maybe there's still hope for us? 

11 hours ago, Photo Light said:

I am in the same boat! Wondering if I should lose hope about JHU yet lol. Based on last year's results, it looks like a bunch of JHU interviews were sent out around Jan 20-21 2021, so maybe there's still hope for us? 

Oh hmm.. Here's to hoping!! I assume if nothing next week then it's a no go

6 hours ago, h1n1_ said:

Has anyone received news for DrPH applications? I put all my eggs in one basket (JHU - Health Security) and the anticipation is killing me!

All my eggs are in JHU's basket too. 

They will not be sending out decisions until March and you will only be contacted for an interview if there are points in your application that need clarification. I am not expecting to hear back until March. 

It's easier said than done, but nothing good will come out of stressing. The way I see it, I submitted the best application I could and if I get rejected, it just means that there were better people out there. 

I hope this helps ?

12 minutes ago, Purpley said:

All my eggs are in JHU's basket too. 

They will not be sending out decisions until March and you will only be contacted for an interview if there are points in your application that need clarification. I am not expecting to hear back until March. 

It's easier said than done, but nothing good will come out of stressing. The way I see it, I submitted the best application I could and if I get rejected, it just means that there were better people out there. 

I hope this helps ?

Do you know if the same applies to PhD applicants?