PhD / DrPh Fall 2022

39 minutes ago, healthphd said:

I've received an offer from UTexas Health (HSR in Houston). How do you guys think about this program?

Still waiting for other responses.

I also applied there! Could you tell me if you applied for PhD or DrPH? did you find out over phone call or email, or online? Thank you. I've been impatiently waiting! Lol

1 hour ago, fingerscrossedphd said:

I also applied there! Could you tell me if you applied for PhD or DrPH? did you find out over phone call or email, or online? Thank you. I've been impatiently waiting! Lol

Hi, I applied to the PhD and received email notifying admission end of December. Btw, do you know well about this program, i.e. career prospects, etc.?

Congratulation! I also applied Duke pop health but did not receive any response. Guess i am not selected for the interview. May I ask for your background like GPA? 

On 1/1/2022 at 5:56 PM, A0315 said:

I received an interview from Duke’s pop health PhD program for mid-January. Still waiting to hear from one more school. Any tips on how to prep for these interviews? Good luck to all ???

1 hour ago, lovia said:

Congratulation! I also applied Duke pop health but did not receive any response. Guess i am not selected for the interview. May I ask for your background like GPA? 

Oh so sorry to hear that! Hopefully there’s others that will respond back to you soon. I have a semi high gpa for my MPH and am currently doing another masters at an Ivy League and have work experience and publications through my graduate studies. There’s also a really specific center at Duke that I would want to focus my work on and highlighted that a lot in my app. Good luck!

2 hours ago, healthphd said:

Hi, I applied to the PhD and received email notifying admission end of December. Btw, do you know well about this program, i.e. career prospects, etc.?

Thank you for the info and congratulations!! :) If you are attending in Houston, you benefit a lot from the resources available at (and around) the school by having access to the profs and the research opportunities. I applied to one of the satellite schools but I have heard that the staff is great. One of my professors in my MPH graduated from there with his DrPH and has said nothing but good things about it. I recommend networking with others who are attending via LinkedIn. I got a lot of info that way.

Can I ask when you submitted your application? I also applied to the PhD program but it's been more than the quoted 8 weeks timeframe.

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, fingerscrossedphd said:

Thank you for the info and congratulations!! :) If you are attending in Houston, you benefit a lot from the resources available at (and around) the school by having access to the profs and the research opportunities. I applied to one of the satellite schools but I have heard that the staff is great. One of my professors in my MPH graduated from there with his DrPH and has said nothing but good things about it. I recommend networking with others who are attending via LinkedIn. I got a lot of info that way.

Can I ask when you submitted your application? I also applied to the PhD program but it's been more than the quoted 8 weeks timeframe.

Thank you!

No problem, and thank you for your shared details.

I submitted the application around Nov 20(Can't remember the exact date). Probably different campus have distinct timeline. Just be patient and good luck with your application!

22 hours ago, healthphd said:

I've received an offer from UTexas Health (HSR in Houston). How do you guys think about this program?

Still waiting for other responses.

On 1/3/2022 at 5:21 AM, AgreeableBlock7 said:

Hi. I'm an international (from the Philippines) watching this thread. I applied to 16 programs (PhD in Health Policy or Health Services Research) and I'm thinking of submitting 3 more for the Jan 15th deadline. I don't have a very impressive GPA and GRE but I hope they consider my public health experience. Haven't heard from any of the programs I applied to (except some holiday greetings). Good luck to all of us!

Hello fellow Filipino! Good luck!! 

7 minutes ago, PH2022FALL said:

Hi all, I hope everyone has a new year filled with peace, love and joy! 

I noticed from the past year trends that Harvard PHS interview invitations will be released around this week. May I ask if anyone received any interview invites from Harvard?  

Haven’t heard anything but also applied. I’ve been checking nonstop in hopes of hearing something ????

43 minutes ago, hpm2022 said:

Hello, 

I received an acceptance letter from UTexas in Houston for the HPM PhD. Still waiting on the Hopkins DrPH in HPM.

congrats!!! I did not apply to UT Houston, but was wondering when you submitted your app? It looks like some programs jumped straight into the admissions process! Congrats again!!!

On 1/3/2022 at 10:52 PM, A0315 said:

Oh so sorry to hear that! Hopefully there’s others that will respond back to you soon. I have a semi high gpa for my MPH and am currently doing another masters at an Ivy League and have work experience and publications through my graduate studies. There’s also a really specific center at Duke that I would want to focus my work on and highlighted that a lot in my app. Good luck!

Thanks for sharing! My background is very similar to yours!! But undergraduate GPA is not good enough. Maybe thats why. 

Thanks for sharing!

8 hours ago, Photo Light said:

Hey everyone,

How much does undergrad GPA matter if you will have an MPH by the time you start your PhD? I intend on graduating in May 2022 with my MPH. 

Look forward to hearing from you all! 

Thank you 

I think it really comes down to specific admission committees and whether your GPAs are related to your research areas. That said, I think you should give it a try to apply anyways! Never let the past define the present! Support!

2 hours ago, PH2022FALL said:

I think it really comes down to specific admission committees and whether your GPAs are related to your research areas. That said, I think you should give it a try to apply anyways! Never let the past define the present! Support!

Thanks for your response! I have applied, and am hoping for some good news- haha at least one acceptance. Wishing you all the best! 

22 hours ago, FuturePhDPls said:

congrats!!! I did not apply to UT Houston, but was wondering when you submitted your app? It looks like some programs jumped straight into the admissions process! Congrats again!!!

Early November. 

14 hours ago, FuturePhDPls said:

Just saw someone was accepted to USC HBR - congrats!!!! If you're comfortable, would you please share when you heard back and how (email, phone, etc.)? Did you also have any interview prior to the acceptance? Congrats again!

Hello, I was recently accepted as well!

The way it worked for me is that I had a conversation with the PI that I wanted to work with back in October, and then met with her current grad student a month or so after that. The PI sent me an email yesterday letting me know that I had been accepted and that the official letter would come my way soon!

5 hours ago, Cit3398 said:

Hello, I was recently accepted as well!

The way it worked for me is that I had a conversation with the PI that I wanted to work with back in October, and then met with her current grad student a month or so after that. The PI sent me an email yesterday letting me know that I had been accepted and that the official letter would come my way soon!

congrats and wow!! october! I interviewed a few days after christmas, so hoping to hear back something soon!