PhD / DrPh Fall 2022

2 minutes ago, StePhDen said:

Hi all :) Has anyone who interviewed at Brown BSHS received a decision (other than acceptance)? I know a couple people received acceptances but anyone else hear anything?

I'm also waiting on a decision! I saw two people post acceptances and one person post a rejection so I'm not sure what the silence means! 

56 minutes ago, manny2022 said:

Hi, woke up to a rejection email from BUSPH DrPH program too. Was expecting it since I didn't get an interview. But I am hopeful for the rest. 

I'm sorry to hear about your rejection, but keeping my fingers crossed you hear good news soon! I'd love to be put out of my misery one way or the other with these applications...

6 minutes ago, Public_health_and_cats said:

I'm also waiting on a decision! I saw two people post acceptances and one person post a rejection so I'm not sure what the silence means! 

Right! Haha I also saw a post that said acceptances were being sent individually, but idk what silence means either lol 

35 minutes ago, Purpley said:

Hahah, I TOTALLY panicked after reading the subject line. Got half way through the email before I realized there was nothing to report!?

I was a bit surprised to see something coming through before March, so I honestly expected it to be a rejection. I'll take this for now. I think of it this way, at least our applications have made it to the department-level for review. . . perhaps? ?

1 hour ago, StePhDen said:

Right! Haha I also saw a post that said acceptances were being sent individually, but idk what silence means either lol 

Hi! I think this means that you might be waitlisted but I’m not sure? I’ve just seen from past posts that schools typically send those notifications later or not at all sometimes ? I know last year the waitlist moved so fingers crossed for the same this year!!

1 hour ago, BossMomDrPH said:

I was a bit surprised to see something coming through before March, so I honestly expected it to be a rejection. I'll take this for now. I think of it this way, at least our applications have made it to the department-level for review. . . perhaps? ?

I like your thinking here! 

Have you heard anything from Rutgers, yet? 

Has anyone heard back from UC Berkeley's EPI program? The admission office said they would release admission decision in this week. But I didn't receive any interview/notification. I assume I was rejected. Sad....

Edited by episs2022

4 hours ago, DrPHPlans said:

I like your thinking here! 

Have you heard anything from Rutgers, yet? 

It keeps me thinking positively.

Haven’t heard a thing from Rutgers, and despite my best efforts, refreshing my email every 20 minutes won’t make them decide any quicker. ?

15 hours ago, StePhDen said:

Hi all :) Has anyone who interviewed at Brown BSHS received a decision (other than acceptance)? I know a couple people received acceptances but anyone else hear anything?

Oh yes, if you go to the results page, that rejection that was posted is me! I got the rejection towards the end of the day on Tuesday. Weird you haven't gotten anything in either direction.

Edit: I noticed you said "who interviewed" that's my bad-- I did not interview. So the silence you're getting while others received an acceptance could be that they are figuring out how to fund you, or if they can fund you. Good luck!

Edited by NervousPhDhopeful
missed part of their comment relevant to how I respond

13 hours ago, BossMomDrPH said:

It keeps me thinking positively.

Haven’t heard a thing from Rutgers, and despite my best efforts, refreshing my email every 20 minutes won’t make them decide any quicker. ?

Ugh I'm so sorry to hear that. I was really hoping all decisions would have gone out this past week! I'm really hoping for you. At least when there's no decision, you know there's still a chance. I really hope you get good news next week. 

36 minutes ago, PhDphfinal said:

Hi all 

Just joined this forum. Anyone accepted to PHD MCH Gillings UNC? Got accepted to USF CFH and UNC. Just looking for folks. After three years of efforts.

congratulations!! when did you get the acceptance from unc? I am waiting for the phd in health behavior programme of unc. haven't heard anything from them yet

56 minutes ago, PhDphfinal said:

Hi all 

Just joined this forum. Anyone accepted to PHD MCH Gillings UNC? Got accepted to USF CFH and UNC. Just looking for folks. After three years of efforts.

Hi! I’ve been accepted to UNC MCH and am seriously considering. I haven’t gotten funding info yet though. Have you? Feel free to DM me and we can try to connect off the forum if you’d like. 

Edited by publichealthPhD

30 minutes ago, publichealthPhD said:

Hi! I’ve been accepted to UNC MCH and am seriously considering. I haven’t gotten funding info yet though. Have you? Feel free to DM me and we can try to connect off the forum if you’d like. 

Hey.. Likewise.. Haven't heard back about funding.. I am really surprised at the funding situation. It's top university and they seem to be not so good at funding. And I am an international student, so it gets even trickier

I am going to grow old and die waiting for emails from admissions from the two programs I am waiting on. At least I am pretty certain I am rejected from one of them because I've seen them talked about too much for me to not have anything from them, but the other program is trying to do permanent damage to my nerves or something.

I interviewed with them 1 month ago now-- I haven't seen anyone post acceptance or rejection to them, and I know people in the school but a different department so I know how they do the process at this school so I know that I am only waiting on the department or the admissions office at this point. final decisions will have been made at the end of January, funding awards from the school were given back to the department 2 weeks ago. I am just waiting on the department to tell the admissions office whether I'm accepted or not because people in other departments have been notified.

I'm starting to suspect that maybe they made an offer to another candidate an are just waiting on that person to accept or reject so that they can know whether they can offer it to me...

3 hours ago, DrPH2022WI said:

Brutal, still haven't heard from Rutgers, nor the 2 other schools that said early to mid-Feb at one point. I'm dying here. Since a holiday today, do not imagine hearing anything today.

It IS brutal ?

There has to be news this week. I feel so badly that I have already heard from Rutgers. I really thought we'd all have heard by now. Best of luck this week. 

On 2/8/2022 at 10:04 PM, Ehphd said:

UCLA is driving me crazy.. I got contacted by another PI that I didn't write in my SOP (little research fit).

Having only contacted by UCLA so far, I am trying to be proactive with all the interview opportunities I can get. However, it is so difficult to make a choice between:

Research for 4~5 years in a field I am not super enthusiastic about (little research fit) VS No-funding offer for the 1st year, but in a field that I like (It seems like have to pay $15K~30K/year after speaking to the financial advisor.)

Any advice who was contacted by PIs not referenced in SOP??

I had the exactly same situation. I was interviewed by a PI at UCLA that I did not write in my SOP as well.

She also told me that the funding at UCLA and the position to become TA/RA are very limited.

Edited by cjz0318