PhD / DrPh Fall 2022

30 minutes ago, aca105 said:

Yes I did - don't think it was particularly impactful as part of my application, but I had strong scores across each section.

Awesome.

In my system it is still waiting for my GRE score. But I think it was recommended but optional, right? Not sure if this led to my application as incomplete.   :(

*Editing because I didn't correctly quote someone above.

I'm with you! It seems like DrPH decisions are sent out so much later. Rutgers DrPH should come out this week or next. I was told by them that if I don't hear by the end of the first week in Feb, I can reach out and ask. Everyone else though... March. JHU just said probably LATE March during an event I attended last week. 

Edited by DrPHPlans

3 hours ago, DrPH2022WI said:

Seems like most of where I applied for are not getting back until sometime in March, this is brutal waiting.

I'm with you! It's nice to see another DrPH applicant. It seems like our decisions are sent out so much later. Rutgers DrPH should come out this week or next. I was told by them that if I don't hear by the end of the first week in Feb, I can reach out and ask. Everyone else though... March. JHU just said probably LATE March during an event I attended last week. 

It's also nice to see someone else apply to Rutgers! I applied to Rutgers, UIC, UNC, and JHU. 

On 1/26/2022 at 7:06 AM, DrPHPlans said:

I'm with you! It's nice to see another DrPH applicant. It seems like our decisions are sent out so much later. Rutgers DrPH should come out this week or next. I was told by them that if I don't hear by the end of the first week in Feb, I can reach out and ask. Everyone else though... March. JHU just said probably LATE March during an event I attended last week. 

It's also nice to see someone else apply to Rutgers! I applied to Rutgers, UIC, UNC, and JHU. 

Also applied to Rutgers but for epi track. Good luck to you!

11 minutes ago, Photo Light said:

Congratulations! I applied too, and I'm wondering if all interviews are sent on the same day? What do you think? 

I applied last cycle and also got an interview invite. A few weeks after my invite there were a few folks posting 'interview' status on the results section, but it was hard to tell whether they received invites on that day. They only do one-on-one interviews so interviews might spread out a few weeks apart depending on faculty availability. The email I received this cycle says interview will take place by Feb 18 with early March decisions.

Edited by XXXXXXphd2021

53 minutes ago, XXXXXXphd2021 said:

I applied last cycle and also got an interview invite. A few weeks after my invite there were a few folks posting 'interview' status on the results section, but it was hard to tell whether they received invites on that day. They only do one-on-one interviews so interviews might spread out a few weeks apart depending on faculty availability. The email I received this cycle says interview will take place by Feb 18 with early March decisions.

Oh okay, thanks! Keeping my fingers crossed haha - good luck for your interview!

On 1/25/2022 at 6:06 PM, DrPHPlans said:

Very Cool! Yea haven't seen many applying to Rutgers, I am really just targeting schools that are primarily online. Glad to know Rutgers decision should be coming soon. Good luck to you, and hope we all get some great news soon!

JHU interviewed some DrPH HPM (PHI track) applicants this week. 

Not sure how useful this information is because they have always been clear that "Interviews are conducted on an ad hoc basis and not receiving a request for an interview is not indicative of an admissions decision and vice versa.", but thought I'd update this group anyway. 

Edited by Purpley

4 hours ago, DrPH2022WI said:

Very Cool! Yea haven't seen many applying to Rutgers, I am really just targeting schools that are primarily online. Glad to know Rutgers decision should be coming soon. Good luck to you, and hope we all get some great news soon!

Same, about needing online programs. I applied to the only 4 hybrid DrPH programs I could find. I don't know if you attended an intro session with Rutgers, but I did and it made me feel really good about the program. It's newer, so it isn't as well known, I think, but their plans for growth are impressive. Also, it's my understanding that the DrPH just got redefined a few years ago, so all schools had to revamp their programs, anyway. Best of luck to both of us! 

2 hours ago, Purpley said:

JHU interviewed some DrPH HPM (PHI track) applicants this week. 

Not sure how useful this information is because they have always been clear that "Interviews are conducted on an ad hoc basis and not receiving a request for an interview is not indicative of an admissions decision and vice versa.", but thought I'd update this group anyway. 

oooh thank you for the update. I know they're not supposed to be indicative of anything, but it's good to hear something is happening. Even if I haven't heard anything yet. I also applied to the PHI track. I've been wondering how popular that track is with applicants. 

1 hour ago, StePhDen said:

For anyone who received an interview day invite from Brown -- have you heard anything beyond the invite about a more formal structure / info to join the interview day? 

Hey, I have not yet for BSHS program! And I reached out yesterday to confirm that my registration went through because I had not received a confirmation or any other information. Linda said that I should get more information soon.