Preparing for MPH 2022 Canada

14 minutes ago, LVMI said:

Got into UofT health promo. Now deciding between JHU and Uoft! Any insight on a U.S. vs Canadian school would be great :)

That's awesome! Did you hear back today or yesterday? Just wondering if they're still sending out offers or if they already sent them all out yesterday

2 minutes ago, blonderoastwithoatmilk said:

Also debating between U of T and a US school (University of Michigan) and I'm so conflicted

Ah what are some factors are you keeping in mind? Would love to connect!

51 minutes ago, blonderoastwithoatmilk said:

Also debating between U of T and a US school (University of Michigan) and I'm so conflicted

i am considering US as well mostly because of the greater job prospects in the states and a change of scenery!

3 hours ago, LVMI said:

Ah what are some factors are you keeping in mind? Would love to connect!

2 hours ago, Bluelia11 said:

i am considering US as well mostly because of the greater job prospects in the states and a change of scenery!

I'm hoping to teach and I was told by one of my profs that it's really hard to get a tenure track position at schools like UBC (where I went for undergrad) without a MA and PhD from the US /: Also grew up in Canada so I also really wanted a change in scenery! However, the tuition is so expensive at UMich (despite being a public school) and I don't want to deal with the debt. Feel feel to send me a PM too !

13 hours ago, yeet_sleep_repeat said:

When I asked if it was possible to get an extension on the April 12 deadline to respond they said no lol, but the latest extended date they could allow was April 15, so my guess is they want to send out second round offers maybe on or around or after Easter weekend? They may take longer though if they actually do a second round of reviews and don't just keep going down the list from the initial file review score

Thank you so much for your response! Hopefully people can start hearing back from them this week. The wait is so hard?

Hey all, I've been following this forum for a bit. So nice to know there's other folks out there this cycle anxiously waiting for results and refreshing their portals and emails so often haha. 

I received an offer to Waterloo MPH on February 17, and I haven't heard back from Brock yet. My portal still says "under review" ?‍♀️ . I emailed and got the same response as most of you, that portals will be updated this week (that was last week). 

Good luck to everyone and congrats on working so hard. Applying to grad schools (and sometimes multiple schools/applications) is exhausting and exciting all at once. If there's one thing I've noticed with my peers applying to different programs, different schools, different programs is that dates aren't always indicative of rejections or waitlists, sometimes acceptances come later than you think and sometimes you get on a waitlist when you think it's so late that you must be rejected. Hang in there, we've got this! 

On 4/8/2022 at 2:35 PM, schoolmph said:

strange!  they emailed me and told me I was recommended for admission and I had until April 26 to accept my offer

That's awesome! Congrats! :)  They must be sending out multiple rounds. Can I ask what your stats/experiences are? 

13 hours ago, school4ever said:

That's awesome! Congrats! :)  They must be sending out multiple rounds. Can I ask what your stats/experiences are? 

Thanks! For sure. I have a 3.9/4.33 GPA (probably around 4.2 in the last two years). I have a BA in Psychology (Honours) and an addiction studies certificate. I have about 3 years of research experience. I work as an RA with island health and I have one year of experience in psychiatric care, and some other TA and work experience through my uni.  I believe my references and LOI probably helped. On my references was the Dean and one was from the Chair of my department (they both attended Uvic). I also had a previous graduate help me write my letter. Sending you good thoughts! I'm sure you'll hear soon :)

1 minute ago, Joshua100 said:

Email them to know your condition

Hi Joshua! Thank you very much!

I emailed them last Wednesday, and they said that "everyone should know within the next 2 weeks." Which is weird because I see a few people saying they got a rejection after emailing them.

I will probably wait another week before emailing them again, but the anxiety is honestly killing me (suffer from really bad anxiety disorder). 

I don't know if it matters, but mine still says "under review."

2 minutes ago, NittyNitts said:

Hi Joshua! Thank you very much!

I emailed them last Wednesday, and they said that "everyone should know within the next 2 weeks." Which is weird because I see a few people saying they got a rejection after emailing them.

I will probably wait another week before emailing them again, but the anxiety is honestly killing me (suffer from really bad anxiety disorder). 

I don't know if it matters, but mine still says "under review."

Wish you all the best

Hey all! Just wondering if anyone else is still waiting to hear back from Waterloo MPH? I sent an email and received the following message:

"We cannot provide applicants with an exact date they will receive their application; however, we can assure you they will be communicated at the earliest possible time. Applicants are encouraged to stay up to date with Quest and their email for any updates regarding their application status."

Edited by AspiringGradStudent22