MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

I'm sure this has been asked already but going through the 26 pages is a little tedious hahah, but I was wondering of schools send both a physical letter and email, or is it just an email? sorry for the repeat question!! 

also, fingers crossed for all of you! :)

Edited by texasturtle

19 minutes ago, texasturtle said:

I'm sure this has been asked already but going through the 26 pages is a little tedious hahah, but I was wondering of schools send both a physical letter and email, or is it just an email? sorry for the repeat question!! 

also, fingers crossed for all of you! :)

I was actually wondering the same! I thought only Dal sent physical letters now I am thinking other schools do as well..? I found some information online for a few schools.

Carleton: Successful applicants will be notified by email from the Dean of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs. You can check your application status in Carleton Central. The School of Social Work will submit admission decisions by the end of February.

WLU: Admission into a graduate program is a competitive process. Notifications of offers of admission are sent via email to the email address you provided in your application.

UofT: Admission offer letters will be sent out from mid-February to mid-April. As decisions are mailed out, your status on the On-line application will be changed to 'Decision made'. By mid-April all decisions will be sent out.

6 minutes ago, EMWC said:

I was actually wondering the same! I thought only Dal sent physical letters now I am thinking other schools do as well..? I found some information online for a few schools.

Carleton: Successful applicants will be notified by email from the Dean of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs. You can check your application status in Carleton Central. The School of Social Work will submit admission decisions by the end of February.

WLU: Admission into a graduate program is a competitive process. Notifications of offers of admission are sent via email to the email address you provided in your application.

UofT: Admission offer letters will be sent out from mid-February to mid-April. As decisions are mailed out, your status on the On-line application will be changed to 'Decision made'. By mid-April all decisions will be sent out.

Omg, thank you so much for the info!! really appreciated :)

1 hour ago, EMWC said:

UofT is an email to reiterate, I never got anything in the mail when I was waitlisted but I did get a 'letter' in an email if that makes sense :) and the online application portal changes to 'decision made' then you click on that and it downloads a letter of your decision to your electronic device. 

34 minutes ago, teaandSW21 said:

UofT is an email to reiterate, I never got anything in the mail when I was waitlisted but I did get a 'letter' in an email if that makes sense :) and the online application portal changes to 'decision made' then you click on that and it downloads a letter of your decision to your electronic device. 

Aha! This is very good to know, thank you!

1 hour ago, Gradschoolattempt2 said:

Still waiting to hear from UBCO foundational. Hopefully soon!! Anyone else comparing their experience to other applicants and terrified? Haha

same! totally resonate with this, I feel like I don't see a TON of people that have applied or spoken about this program? at least I haven't seen many on the forum from this year or last year.. 

3 minutes ago, teaandSW21 said:

same! totally resonate with this, I feel like I don't see a TON of people that have applied or spoken about this program? at least I haven't seen many on the forum from this year or last year.. 

same here, I noticed that as well. It’s so hard not to compare yourself to others!! All schools seem to look for different things, so who knows right!

2 hours ago, EMWC said:

Hello team :) Looks like Carleton may have updated the portal, my application status now reads "Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs"

Yes just saw the same thing on mine!!! It is gonna be any day now.

2 hours ago, EMWC said:

Hello team :) Looks like Carleton may have updated the portal, my application status now reads "Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs"

That is good news! Mine has not changed yet, is your name early in the alphabet? I am wondering if it is alphabetical. 

I was also wondering if there is a group chat for the 2022 applicants on Whatsapp or something? Maybe not, but I feel like it could be a good way to stay connected/support one another through grad school! But I also know that many notifications could get overwhelming haha, just a thought though! :) 

Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs

34 minutes ago, lexiesanxious said:

Hiii I heard back from Carleton! I got waitlisted and the email says only 12 people are on waitlist! Hope everyone hears soon

Yaaaay congrats! :) 

Did your status first change to "Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs"?

Just now, stack said:

Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs

Yaaaay congrats! :) 

Did your status first change to "Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs"?

Hiii I have no clue i try not to look at the application sites, only once every week or so cause i stress myself out! I looked a couple weeks ago and it said review in progress but i didn’t see a change from there

Just now, lexiesanxious said:

Hiii I have no clue i try not to look at the application sites, only once every week or so cause i stress myself out! I looked a couple weeks ago and it said review in progress but i didn’t see a change from there

Totally understandable! Very smart to help keep yourself sane lol Congratulations again, you should be very proud :)