DSW 2022 Application Cycle - Support & Info

6 minutes ago, SWCGLEN said:

Hello! Does anyone know if NYU does admissions on a rolling basis or if the notifications of acceptance/denial are all sent out together?

I have this same question. I am so concerned about getting into the NYU DSW program. It is great to hear that someone has this question too!! 

2 hours ago, SWCGLEN said:

Hello! Does anyone know if NYU does admissions on a rolling basis or if the notifications of acceptance/denial are all sent out together?

2 hours ago, samashsw20 said:

I have this same question. I am so concerned about getting into the NYU DSW program. It is great to hear that someone has this question too!! 

Hi friends! From my experience last year, it seems like it may be rolling admissions as some people got their acceptances earlier in the year last year (February) and I got my rejection towards the end of April. But this year NYU has a new dean of DSW program so I'm not sure if they've changed their admissions process. 

My understanding with NYU is that they have a single yearly cohort and a long acceptance window. That could have changed along the way of course, but I do not think that they have start dates outside of the fall semester. 

On 3/29/2022 at 3:06 PM, IJustWanttoKnow said:

Hi friends! From my experience last year, it seems like it may be rolling admissions as some people got their acceptances earlier in the year last year (February) and I got my rejection towards the end of April. But this year NYU has a new dean of DSW program so I'm not sure if they've changed their admissions process. 

Hi! Does NYU have an online DSW program?

On 3/29/2022 at 2:06 PM, IJustWanttoKnow said:

I'm curious: did anyone who apply get interviews? I applied to Penn and Tulane in February and haven't heard from them at all... 

Hi! Tulane tends to review in clusters. They gather aps, filter who meets basic qualifications, and then their main staff (smaller group) review. I know it’s been busy because our program director is working really hard on piloting accreditation and all the reports, etc that go into that. They did just hire an assistant program director, but that was a few weeks ago.

Did you apply for Fall? It’s usually 6-8 weeks (per word of mouth). But it really depends on # of applications. 

Good luck! ??

On 4/1/2022 at 4:11 AM, DSWstudentTSSW said:

Happy to see more faces! You’re not alone. The wait is maddening. The inability to resist refreshing the portal is real - followed by the paranoia of, wait, do they track this? Lol. 
Best wishes and good luck to everyone ❤️

Yes! Welcome all! 

That's what we are here for! Something to refresh and actually get some kind of an update... just not the update you're probably looking for. ?