Fulbright 2011-2012

crimsonengineer87

The breakdown for the Finnish Fulbright grant is all on their website: http://www.fulbright...=en&m=3&id=1607

Looks like it states there that it's 1000 to 1200 euros/month plus a travel allowance

The travel allowance, I think, is just to get there and back though. Would someone disavow me of this belief if I am incorrect? It would be pretty fantastic if we got more money.

Yeah I think the issue is when your additional funding DUPLICATES the funding from Fulbright. For example, if your additional funding is to cover housing, which Fulbright already covers, it is a duplicate source of funding. However, if your research requires you to buy some costly microscope, which isn't covered by Fulbright, then it's ok. Or if they provide funding for dependents which is also not covered by Fulbright in many countries, then it's ok.

https://us.fulbrightonline.org/documents/resources/Terms_Conditions.pdf

On number three it says...

"No applicant may receive concurrently a grant from the Fulbright Student Program and a grant from the Doctoral Dissertation Research Program."

https://us.fulbright..._Conditions.pdf

On number three it says...

"No applicant may receive concurrently a grant from the Fulbright Student Program and a grant from the Doctoral Dissertation Research Program."

I wonder if this refers to the Fulbright-Hayes Doctoral Dissertation Program or any PhD funding?

A fellow Egypt finalist here too. I got the same email re: CLEA. Since they asked everyone for a new application with Arabic abstract in January, I assume that they must have asked everyone for a revised CLEA study plan as well. CLEA decisions are made separately from the grant, so no telling whether the April 1 date impacts our apps. I am hoping the revolutionary excitement will cause them to decide earlier, but this might be wishful thinking.

حظ سعيد

I am a finalist for Morocco. I also applied for a CLEA. Have not heard back, though.

Funny story...My mom calls me and tells me that I got a large manila envelope in the mail. I start freaking out and ask her what it says, and she tells me that on the outside, it says HTI. The initials of my potential host institution are BTI, so I asked her if she had her glasses on, and then asked her about 5 times more if she was sure that it said H and not a B. Thinking, maybe the printer made a mistake or something, I tell her to open it, and it's a direct mail thing. :huh:

In retrospect, I guess the return address label wouldn't have their info on it anyway, it would say Fulbright (or something else?). I think for a moment, though, that my heart may have stopped. Sigh.

I don't think any of us Middle East people will hear until May. Looking at last year's spreadsheet, there were a few random early ones, but the bulk of applicants were notified very late April-May. I may just sit here tapping my foot impatiently until then. :P

What country did you apply to carry out your project in? Is it a full fulbright fellowship or an ETA? I am waiting to hear back from Morocco. Very nerve-wracking!

O-M-G.

I was already nervous to check my mail today. I stayed home and didn't want to drive to campus to my office. Of course, there's a large manila (I guess there is only one L ... hmm ..) envelope from IIE. Letter postmarked March 10th. Check your mail. If it can reach Pullman, WA (literally, middle of wheatfields) in a week, then you guys should be getting something soon (if you applied to European countries). I'm so exxxxxxcciiitted!

O-M-G.

I was already nervous to check my mail today. I stayed home and didn't want to drive to campus to my office. Of course, there's a large manila (I guess there is only one L ... hmm ..) envelope from IIE. Letter postmarked March 10th. Check your mail. If it can reach Pullman, WA (literally, middle of wheatfields) in a week, then you guys should be getting something soon (if you applied to European countries). I'm so exxxxxxcciiitted!

Congrats!!!!

From what I can gather, not all European countries are alike--the Netherlands, where I applied, runs through some different people and takes a few weeks longer. And Italy seems to take longer as well.

I am jealous of everybody who has a response already--I am very ready for this whole thing to be over!

Congrats again.

Congrats!!!!

From what I can gather, not all European countries are alike--the Netherlands, where I applied, runs through some different people and takes a few weeks longer. And Italy seems to take longer as well.

I am jealous of everybody who has a response already--I am very ready for this whole thing to be over!

Congrats again.

Thanks! Don't worry, you'll hear soon. Do you know when last year's applicants found out? I don't have the spreadsheet handy ... but this envelope basically had a letter saying "good job" and then a medical form I need to have filled out in three weeks! So not too exciting! Apparently most of the meat will come later. So once you get your package/letter, schedule a physical exam ... ugh.

I wonder if this refers to the Fulbright-Hayes Doctoral Dissertation Program or any PhD funding?

I definitely believe (and very much praying) that it does refer to the Fulbright-Hayes DDRP. I had read this a while back when I was trying to figure out if I could keep my doctoral research assistant stipend in addition to the Fulbright stipend. I found the same stipulation in another hard-to-find document online.

I intend to use the Fulbright for research funding rather than living expenses anyway, because if I don't I won't be accomplishing very much in Mongolia!

O-M-G.

Hey man! Congratulations! I'm especially happy for you!

I wonder when the ETA notifications are going to go out? You research folk didn't have to complete a supplemental application right?

does anyone have the link to the googledocs from previous years? I'm waiting on an ETA in poland, and frustratingly, no one seems to know anything about it...

Last year's spreadsheet: https://spreadsheets2.google.com/ccc?key=taWW8xiKve1Tm6Ow6bHdhYA#gid=0

This year's spreadsheet (remember to update + don't mess with the columns and rows ... ): http://spreadsheets1.google.com/ccc?authkey=CNHpkd4P&key=tyJ1HIbZ4lEWDG1vRUaAbnw&authkey=CNHpkd4P#gid=8

Hey man! Congratulations! I'm especially happy for you!

I wonder when the ETA notifications are going to go out? You research folk didn't have to complete a supplemental application right?

Thanks!

I don't think we had to fill out an extra form. You guys filled out the 'PAD', right? BUT I think you will find out within the next week and week and half. I found the spreadsheet from last year and it seems ETAs to Germany were notified a week or a little under a week after Full Grants! Very exciting!

BTW, where did you study abroad? You mentioned you were in Germany for a semester? Was that as an undergrad?

Congrats to everyone that got accepted! I sure hope that everyone's theory about European countries notifying soon turns out to be true. According to last year's spreadsheet, Spain didn't notify until late April :( I don't think I can handle another month of suspense - especially now that the board is exploding with notifications! the Spain Fulbright site says that they will notify before April 1st... so I guess I'll just have to hope they're running on schedule.

Spain People! Post to the board the instant you get your notification so that the rest of us can rush to our mail boxes... >.>

Ok I found it for Korea ETA Program the stipend is 1,300,000 won a month which is approximately 1,200 USD a month :)

I wonder if I can do another program in conjunction to make a little bit of pocket change :)

Hi All,

I have a questions for those who have been accepted already (congrats!!): in your letter was there a certain time period which you had to accept/decline by?

I am asking because my letter will be sent to my parent's house - but they are on vacation for 10 days and their mail is on hold until they get back so I'm a little nervous about missing a possible deadline! please respond! Thanks!! :)

Thanks!

I don't think we had to fill out an extra form. You guys filled out the 'PAD', right? BUT I think you will find out within the next week and week and half. I found the spreadsheet from last year and it seems ETAs to Germany were notified a week or a little under a week after Full Grants! Very exciting!

BTW, where did you study abroad? You mentioned you were in Germany for a semester? Was that as an undergrad?

I studied in Mainz for the Fall semester. Town of about...200k. I really enjoyed my time there as it's a college town with over 40k students. Tons of international students and ERASMUS as well. Just a very dynamic city.

I'm in my senior year. Finishing up my undergraduate thesis now.

Edited by Damis

What country did you apply to carry out your project in? Is it a full fulbright fellowship or an ETA? I am waiting to hear back from Morocco. Very nerve-wracking!

I applied for an ETA to Bahrain. I can't even look at the news any more because it's making me nervous!

does anyone have the link to the googledocs from previous years? I'm waiting on an ETA in poland, and frustratingly, no one seems to know anything about it...

I know! The fact that the ONE person to Poland on last year's googledocs found out on March 15 makes me hope it will be soon. But because of spring break, I won't be able to get mail until Monday...

Hi All,

I have a questions for those who have been accepted already (congrats!!): in your letter was there a certain time period which you had to accept/decline by?

I am asking because my letter will be sent to my parent's house - but they are on vacation for 10 days and their mail is on hold until they get back so I'm a little nervous about missing a possible deadline! please respond! Thanks!! :)

Yes, I had to respond within three weeks of receipt of the letter. There were medical clearance forms that need to be authorized by a physician and returned to IIE. You should contact them if you have a concern you will not meet their timeline. If they don't hear from you within three weeks they will assume you are declining and drop you from the candidate pool. Take a deep breath....Hope you hear something soon!

I applied for an ETA to Bahrain. I can't even look at the news any more because it's making me nervous!

can understand what you mean. i imagine they will either put those fellowships on hold or send you to another country (which, despite the fact that it is not your choosing, you would still be a Fulbright ETA). wishing you the best!