Thank you both for the insight! That's definitely reassuring. If a strike does unfold, I'll make sure to directly contact the schools if I have to. It is helpful to know though that in the past you were given options to have your courses completed on time. Hopefully that will be the case if if happens this year. With the transition to online learning two years ago and now this, I'm just ready to graduate lol 

7 minutes ago, speechiestudent said:

no, I have yet to receive an e-mail from McMaster today as well

Interesting.. they said they would send invites today and run interviews march 11-16. However, a lot of people got interview emails a month ago. Still no email ?

4 hours ago, speechiestudent said:

no, I have yet to receive an e-mail from McMaster today as well

I did not get one either, seems a little mean lol to never let you know but maybe it's coming later - I've accepted that my 3.79 probably didn't make the cut

Wondering if anyone has taken Anth 354 Language and culture (from Athabasca) for their Linguistics course??

If so, how did you find it to be and what was the exam like? I'm feeling a bit nervous about it because I've never done an online exam before, and also don't know what to expect content wise- I feel like this course is kinda all over the place!

Any insight would be so much appreciated!!

Sorry if this was already asked, but has anyone emailed McMaster to see if we can jot down talking points/ideas during our reading time?

Also, does anyone know if the Kira Talent platform has spell check for the written sections? 

Thanks!

Edited by HanktheTank8

46 minutes ago, HanktheTank8 said:

Sorry if this was already asked, but has anyone emailed McMaster to see if we can jot down talking points/ideas during our reading time?

Also, does anyone know if the Kira Talent platform has spell check for the written sections? 

Thanks!

I emailed about the note taking and havent heard back but I will let you know when I hear back!

14 minutes ago, Caitlin SLP Applicant said:

Hi! :) I was just wondering what sample questions you were referring to? Does McMaster supply any sample questions for MMI prep?

I just googled MMI prep/MMI sample questions and theres a few websites that come up, so no not directly from McMaster or at least not that I saw (but still helpful materials)

37 minutes ago, speechenthusiast said:

I just googled MMI prep/MMI sample questions and theres a few websites that come up, so no not directly from McMaster or at least not that I saw (but still helpful materials)

Okay great! Thank you :) Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something haha! I've been doing the same strategy. And I've been reading up on issues in health/SLP. But it really feels like it's one that's hard to prepare for! Let me know if you'd like to do a call and practice some questions together!

9 hours ago, speechenthusiast said:

Does anyone have any tips for preparing for the MMI? I've been looking at the sample questions, but I am unsure how else I can prepare for it. I would love some advice!

I've just been doing the same thing! NO idea how else to prep for it.. sometimes my boyfriend asks me questions and times me out of the blue lol. Seems hard to study for though!

Edited by SpeechieSar

On 3/9/2022 at 11:35 AM, AlwaysanAssistant said:

Does anyone know when McGill typically comes out with their selections info?

Last year I got my offer of admission email on March 12th and then the official letter on the 15th. From what I've heard, in previous years they would also get in touch ~March 15th and even call you to tell you the good news!

21 hours ago, HanktheTank8 said:

Thanks!

Hey! I got an email from McMaster yesterday stating the following:

Notetaking during MMIs

Be aware that taking notes at any time during the MMIs is not permitted. Please refer to item #6 in your Statement of Confidentiality.

Your posted question/scenario at each interview station will remain posted for you throughout the entire interview. You will be able to refer back to the question as needed. A countdown timer will also be always visible so that you know how much time you have left while reading and interviewing.

4 minutes ago, AnnaGrad said:

For the MMI interview at McMaster on Kira Talent - does anyone know if we’ll be talking to real people when we’re answering the verbal questions, or are we just recording videos of our responses? 

It will be real people at every "station". I think I remember reading that they may be in the SLP profession or may not be, they may be an actor/ person we role play with. They also may have a follow-up question to our answers.