5 minutes ago, SLP--2021 said:

Hi everyone! 

Congrats on acceptances!! The wait is finally over. I was rejected for Western SLP but waitlisted for Western Aud. I know the SLP class size is around 50, does anyone know the audiology class size? 

Also an update for those waiting to hear back from U of A.. I emailed yesterday to inquire whether we would receive notification of rejection (I have yet to hear and am assuming this is the case) and Vicki said everyone will hear back by the end of April. 

Thanks in advance!

It says it here https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/orpas-program-requirements/

The class size for audiology was 32 last year

6 minutes ago, SLP--2021 said:

Hi everyone! 

Congrats on acceptances!! The wait is finally over. I was rejected for Western SLP but waitlisted for Western Aud. I know the SLP class size is around 50, does anyone know the audiology class size? 

Also an update for those waiting to hear back from U of A.. I emailed yesterday to inquire whether we would receive notification of rejection (I have yet to hear and am assuming this is the case) and Vicki said everyone will hear back by the end of April. 

Thanks in advance!

Hey I have also been waitlisted at Western aud! 

Do you mind sharing your stats?  

4 minutes ago, SLPrettyPlease said:

Unfortunately been denied by Western for the fifth time. Nothing from UofT yet but since my ORPAS portal is blank I'm assuming that's also a no from them (number 4 or 5 I've lost count ?) until I receive an email.

It's frustrating and disappointing but I'm still holding out hope to hear from Dalhousie soon, or get good news from one of the two waitlists I'm on.

Also a huge congrats to those who have been successful! ?

Hold out hope ?you got this

I've been accepted to UofT and Western for their SLP programs!!! Congrats everyone.

If any future applicants have any questions I'm happy to share info/stats :) I know I was lurking on this thread this time last year when I was planning to apply. 

Hey all!

I just found out I have offers from U of T and Western and got waitlisted for McMaster!

I can hardly process that right now because I felt soo sure I would get rejected even though I put everything into it (anyone else got imposter syndrome!?). I hope everyone who went through this process gives themselves a pat on the back for the hard work, regardless of what the outcome was tonight!! Happy to share if anyone wants info/stats :) 

Applied to: UofT | Western  | McMaster

Accepted Waitlisted Rejected

1 hour ago, slp2020ab said:

3 applications later...

I

GOT

INTO 

U

OF

FREAKING

T

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seen on ORPAS right at midnight!!! Waitlisted at Western (weird), already accepted UofT's offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ayyy! Third time for me too and happily accepted UofT! 

On 3/25/2022 at 7:13 PM, stressedschwa2022 said:

Hey everyone!! Congratulations to those who got acceptances this week. I received emails from both U of A as well as McGill yesterday letting me know I am on the waitlist for both. My U of A email came in from Vicki at 10:41am and I heard from McGill at 12:07pm. Still waiting to hear from Dal, U of T, and Western. I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of us still waiting on an acceptance.  

I've been waitlisted at Western!! But no word from/ updates on ORPAS about U of T yet. Keeping my fingers crossed for Dal as it's my top choice. Congratulations to everyone getting acceptances tonight :) 

Hi everyone. Last year I got rejected and spent a full week crying every day. I had no backup plan aside from SLP. I knew from the bottom of my heart that it was the only thing I wanted this much.

Rejection HURTS. But you are stronger than a rejection. You just survived a pandemic, got into University for undergrad, and did so many incredible things that you might have forgotten about them, but at one point you dreamed of them. 

I want you to know that I believe in you. When I got rejected so many people told me to consider other options. If you truly & deeply want SLP then screw everyone who doubts or doesn’t believe in you because I DO. 

When I finished mourning my rejection, although I had graduated uni, I went back to school and did ELEVEN additional courses to get my GPA up while volunteering for an SLP & working at a job to support myself. It was not easy but I knew that this was what I wanted.

This year I was accepted by UOFT and McMaster and rejected by Western.

If you didn’t get in, just know that you are loved and you are a POWERFUL individual and ultimately you WILL get what you want - whatever it may be. Believe in yourself. Be kind to yourself. A rejection DOES NOT DEFINE YOUR WORTH. And know that even though I may not know you I believe in you too. 

???? 

1 hour ago, HanktheTank8 said:

Those accepting their offer to McMasters, did you want to make a group to prepare/get to know each other? CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who applied,  it takes a lot of strength to go through such a mentally draining process.

I'd be down for a McMaster group! And yeah big ups to everyone who applied this year; especially during COVID this was a super stressful process and everyone here deserves a pat on the back for giving it their all :) 

2 hours ago, torontoslp123 said:

Hi everyone. Last year I got rejected and spent a full week crying every day. I had no backup plan aside from SLP. I knew from the bottom of my heart that it was the only thing I wanted this much.

Rejection HURTS. But you are stronger than a rejection. You just survived a pandemic, got into University for undergrad, and did so many incredible things that you might have forgotten about them, but at one point you dreamed of them. 

I want you to know that I believe in you. When I got rejected so many people told me to consider other options. If you truly & deeply want SLP then screw everyone who doubts or doesn’t believe in you because I DO. 

When I finished mourning my rejection, although I had graduated uni, I went back to school and did ELEVEN additional courses to get my GPA up while volunteering for an SLP & working at a job to support myself. It was not easy but I knew that this was what I wanted.

This year I was accepted by UOFT and McMaster and rejected by Western.

If you didn’t get in, just know that you are loved and you are a POWERFUL individual and ultimately you WILL get what you want - whatever it may be. Believe in yourself. Be kind to yourself. A rejection DOES NOT DEFINE YOUR WORTH. And know that even though I may not know you I believe in you too. 

???? 

I am going to echo the same message here because it is so true! Congratulations OP for getting accepted into 2 schools this time around! You deserve it! Let me know which one you pick (I accepted UofT!)? I much like OP went through a very similar journey where I had two unsuccessful attempts (2020 and 2021 admission cycles). EVERYONE close to me told me to change my career goal and settle for something that will be far less competitive and will put me on a quick pay out. Although, I did consider for a very brief moment about settling for a different career path, I ultimately came back to my original goal of pursuing SLP. Even though I had graduated, I re-enrolled as a non-degree student in two different institutions and took 9 courses across those two institutions. I also redid my prerequisites that UofT and Western requires and obtained nothing less than A- (3.7) in them. I also worked as an ABA therapist at a private practice and a Special-Needs Support Staff (SNSS) for a child care services. I joined two research labs in Language and Linguistics Research last summer which I think really helped my case for UofT as they value grades and research. Mind you, I did this all with the exception of my SNSS role in a year’s time span. I was accepted to UofT and waitlisted at Western. TRUST me, nothing is impossible. If you really want this, you can make it happen and do not let anyone tell you otherwise! Use this year to strengthen your application and reapply as a much stronger applicant and I can almost guarantee you will see a favourable outcome next cycle! It’s only impossible if you give up and accept defeat! If I can do it, so can you! 

Hope this helps! 

Edited by Speechieee

44 minutes ago, SpeechPath22 said:

Does anyone know if Western begins contacting people on their waitlist as soon as others start rejecting?  Or do they wait until the first round of offers expire mid April? 

My guess would be the latter. But email Janet!

3 hours ago, ZemoSLP said:

I'd be down for a McMaster group! And yeah big ups to everyone who applied this year; especially during COVID this was a super stressful process and everyone here deserves a pat on the back for giving it their all :) 

I would also be down for a McMaster group! Congrats to everyone :)

Hi everyone congrats to everyone getting acceptances and I hope everyone keeps their head high who didn’t receive the information they wanted to. I am just wondering is anybody else ORPAS still blank? I have received acceptance through the McMaster portal and waitlisted for Western through student centre. But neither of these are appearing on ORPAS just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

On 10/31/2021 at 12:03 PM, Loly694 said:

Hi Everyone?

This is my fourth year applying to SLP, so I am a bit of a pro at this now, haha. Here are my stats if you find that helpful. I'm an open book so let me know if you have questions. 

1st Application: Applied to UWO for SLP

• 3.3sGPA
  • 160 volunteer hours
  • Honours psychology degree
  • Waitlisted

2nd Application: Applied to UWO and McMaster for SLP. 

• 3.4sGPA
  • 266 volunteer hours
  • Waitlisted at UWO, rejected from McMaster without interview. 

3rd Application: Applied to UWO, McMaster, McGill, Dalhousie for SLP and UWO, Dalhousie, and Queens for OT. 

• 3.5sGPA
  • 550 volunteer hours
  • Post-graduate certificate in Autism and Behavioural Sciences. 
  • Rejected from UWO, McGill, Queens for all programs, and waitlisted at Dalhousie for SLP and OT. 

4th Application: Applying to UWO for SLP and Applied Behaviour Analysis. 

• 3.6sGPA
  • 686 volunteer hours
  • Hons. psych degree and post-grad certificate in autism 
  • Full-time instructor therapist (someone who does therapy with people who have autism)

My tips from experience 

1.  Apply to as many schools as possible. Don't put all your eggs in one basket like I did originally.
  2. The biggest thing I have learned is DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONALLY. I am 110% confident in my ability to succeed as an SLP. I have no doubts. And I am sure many of you would also be fantastic SLPs. But unfortunately, there are hundreds of other applicants that look even more fabulous on paper (Which is all the school sees) and they can only choose a handful of them. The school doesn't get to follow you around and see how amazing you are.  I know my sGPA is not as competitive as others, but there are factors that go into that, that I could write a whole book about explaining. But my sGPA does not reflect my work ethic or intelligence. A rejection does not mean that you aren't good enough. Genuinely. It is a problem with the system, not with you. I hope you take that to heart and stay positive??

Hi Everyone, 

I know a lot of people were following my post (seen above) so I just thought I'd let you know I was rejected again from Western... Haha... Four years in a row. 

5 minutes ago, Loly694 said:

Hi Everyone, 

I know a lot of people were following my post (seen above) so I just thought I'd let you know I was rejected again from Western... Haha... Four years in a row. 

Five years in a row for me ? disappointed but not surprised. Laughing the pain away. It's fine lol.

18 minutes ago, Speechiepath said:

Hi everyone congrats to everyone getting acceptances and I hope everyone keeps their head high who didn’t receive the information they wanted to. I am just wondering is anybody else ORPAS still blank? I have received acceptance through the McMaster portal and waitlisted for Western through student centre. But neither of these are appearing on ORPAS just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

I also received an acceptance to McMaster through their portal but my ORPAS is still blank. I'm holding out to see if it gets updated this morning when the offices open up.

Congratulations to everyone! I got waitlisted at Western, do you think if I emailed Janet she would let me know my place on the waiting list? I got an automatic email from them and in it, it said that they don't release information about your position on the waiting list. Just wanted to double check! 

44 minutes ago, Speechiepath said:

My McMaster offer is also not showing up in ORPAS, but I'm thinking it'll get updated later today